Toronto FOH MegaHerf! Saturday Aug 27, 2011 5PM

Please vote on all selctions.  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gents,

Here's the confirmed guest list thus far.

El Presidente, bundwallah, riazp, tmac77, Cdneh, CKs,Diamonddog, maverickdrinker, leanderdsilva, tdlfoto, Maron, nick17, IcedCanuck, Habanos Hoser. Ebhead, DonPedro, strada

Some general info.

We are working with the owner to assess maximum capacity which seems to be at about 35-40 so please get your name in as soon as possible so as to:

1. Notify the venue of the number of attendees and...

2. Try and get more freebies if we are over 25 people. :2thumbs:(very important point)

This event is open to guests of FOH members. The more the merrier! Since we are paying for, not only the food and entertainment, but also the exclusive use of their private back patio, late comers to the party will still be expected to pay the full per person price of $62.50. It wouldn't be fair otherwise.

For confirmed attendees prior to the cutoff date (TBD) there will be a guest list at the door with your name on it. Those who wish to attend but missed the cutoff you may still get in but will need to contact either Frank, Tom or Stephen to arrange for entry.

Remember, this what our entry fee gets us.

* Traditional Cuban Pig Roast (plus BBQ Chicken, seafood and sides of congris, cassava, plantains)

* Cuban Singer and Dancer

* Cigar Roller (possibly Mr Jorge Lopez or of similar calibre)

The cost?

$62.50 per person (which includes tax and 15% gratuities)

Cheers,

Frank

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Folks.. Some exciting new developments.

Tom has donned his best pin striped suit and has done some further negotiations with the Mambo manager. :cigar:

Here's the stuff you already know.

Date: Saturday August 27, 2011.

Time: 5PM

Venue: The Mambo Lounge. 120 Danforth Ave. Toronto. Mambo Home Page

Capacity 30-35 Max

Cost: $62.50 (includes taxes & gratuities)

Our package includes.

* Traditional Cuban Pig Roast (plus BBQ Chicken, seafood and sides of congris, cassava, plantains)

* Cuban Singer and Dancer

* Cigar Roller (possibly Mr Jorge Lopez or of similar calibre)

New Developments:

* Free welcome mojito and cigar to early arrivals (before 6:30)

* Appetizers are now included.

* Jorge Lopez can not make it as he will be back in Cuba. :(

But...

Hamlet will be there!! Oh wait..who is that he's with?? Odd...looks like a younger version of someone.. Rob? Is that you?!? :looking:

post-6763-0-22543300-1312416935.jpg

We're expecting a full menu from the Mambo. We'll post it here once we get it.

As there are 17 FOH who have committed to the Herf that leaves about 18 potential spots open for either FOH or guests.

If you do intend to bring a guest, let me know ASAP. Remember, if we get 25+ people we get more goodies.

Now, some "fine print"

This event is open to guests of FOH members. The more the merrier! Since we are paying for, not only the food and entertainment, but also the exclusive use of their private back patio, late comers to the party will still be expected to pay the full per person price of $62.50. It wouldn't be fair otherwise.

For confirmed attendees prior to the cutoff date (TBD) there will be a guest list at the door with your name on it. Those who wish to attend but missed the cutoff you may still get in but will need to contact either Frank, Tom or Stephen to arrange for entry

Tom has put this on his Credit Card, so please pay Tom, not anyone at the restaurant. They will just check to see if you are on the list. If you want to pay ahead, PM him. His ID is tmac77. Otherwise, pay him at the event.

That's it for now. If there are any further developments I'll post them here so please check this thread every second day or so.

Cheers!! :party: :party: :party:

HOLY F'N WOW! Frank, Tom, you boys have done a masterfull job with this, this will defenitly be a highlight for Rob on his mini tour! so Hamlet is confirmed as the roller? if so very nice! this will be epic

I have just one question for you bundwallah. Will you be bringing the mask? :ph34r::P

I can. But I won't be smoking in it. It's highly flammable and I don't want to risk ruining my movie star looks. :innocent:

Menu Upates. Tom just heard back from the Mambo.

1) Roast Pork : (traditional whole pig slow roasted in an oven)

2) Pollo a la Cubana (chicken)

3) Catch of the Day (fish)

The above will include sides dishes such as: congris, cassava, vegetables and fried plantains

For appetizers you will have a selection of tapas: (chorizos, olives, tostones (plantains), quezadillas and crab cakes, etc…)

Also, if you are planning on inviting guests, please get back to me ASAP. We have a 35 person limit and it will be first come first served in terms of guests.

Regards,

Frank

Menu Upates. Tom just heard back from the Mambo.

1) Roast Pork : (traditional whole pig slow roasted in an oven)

2) Pollo a la Cubana (chicken)

3) Catch of the Day (fish)

The above will include sides dishes such as: congris, cassava, vegetables and fried plantains

For appetizers you will have a selection of tapas: (chorizos, olives, tostones (plantains), quezadillas and crab cakes, etc…)

Also, if you are planning on inviting guests, please get back to me ASAP. We have a 35 person limit and it will be first come first served in terms of guests.

Regards,

Frank

Fresh from Lake Ontario ... if you're really lucky the fish will only have two eyes!

As I mentioned in another thread or message or something (still navigating my way around with all these new Forum changes you guys put into place since I left!!!!), I'm looking to be completely in for this evening.

Completely game for anything. I get done all my Basic Training stuff that week, and then move my stuff over to Borden on the Friday, and don't need to check into the office until the Monday mid-day or so. So, with my wife working during that whole weekend also, I just may be in for the whole shin-dig on Saturday and Sunday. I'm planning on checking into the Park Hyatt on the Saturday also - Frank, try to arrange a room for me beside Rob's; someone's going to have to help serve as his alibi and get him back to his room in one piece!!!! Plus....I can now get the government rate. :P

But yeah, I'm completely good to go for this. Tmac, I'll give you my coinage upon arrival (but if you need/want it earlier, PM me, and I'll PayPal it over to you). I'm trying also to get my wife to attend, but that's not looking so good, as she's got to work 12-hour days at the hospital that weekend, and she doesn't think she can get it arranged to have it off. She's working on it, but it's less than 50/50 as it stands, so no need to reserve a seat space for her at this time.

Thanks again, Frank, for all the planning and whatnot that you and Tom have put into this. First round's on me for you fellas - appreciate your planning time for this evening that you guys are putting in for us.

Cheers.

At this moment we're at 27 people which is good. The Mambo indicated if we hit 25 they'd throw in some extras. Last call for anyone with guests. If you plan on bringing one let us know in advance. There is a limit to that patio. Please don't surprise us on the night of the herf.

well its officially official...all my appointments that I had saturday are now moved, so I will officially be there lol