"Wet" Cigar smokers and "Dry" Cigar Smokers

Dry, though I prefer to keep the cigar between my teeth. I really enjoy cigar smoke and smell. That which I draw through the head. The smell of the smoke itself. And especially the completely different aroma that issues from the burning end of the cigar while one is drawing. I fact, I don't like putting my cigar down. In my mouth or in my hands 100% of the time.

The Partagas. Always been a fan of the marca even through the rough and inconsistent times.

Wilkey

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like my cigars dry and my women wet. Hoyo in the morning, 898 at night!

Dry... somewhere in my convoluted logic I figure the less slurry on my lips the better chance I'll have of not finding a close-up photo of my mouth on a box of cigars.

I guess I'm smoking mostly dry.. just a matter of preference but I'd equate it to (not) biting drinking straws.  I usually keep my cigar only between my lips and almost roll my lips a little in

Dry smoker. My father in-law sucks and chews on his cigars until they are so wet he can no longer draw on them. He was over here mooching a cigar one day and I accidentally picked up his from the ashtray. I almost vomited!

I will take a Des Dieux and join you for a morning cup of coffee Rob. After supper I'll join you on the deck for an 898.

After a few minutes the end of my cigars look like a bulldog has been trying to get the marrow out of the centre of them.

I normally give a stick a little twist after each draw to wipe off any excess though.

This is me exactly...twist and all.

898v

I see some ambiguity here so I will answer what could be all the questions that I see.

I am a slobbery wet person! I sweat a lot, my nose is almost never dry, my eyes are not dry and my mouth is hardly ever dry. I salivate a lot while smoking and I often spit when in outside of certain company. I cannot hold a cigar in my mouth as I will drool all over the place. I also don't like smoke in my eyes and despite smoking thousands of cigars, will cough if I get smoke in my lungs.

I often have to wipe saliva from the head of my cigar; I salivate that much.

I can tolerate very hot foods and like moderately to high spice foods. Hot as in Scoville units (capsaicin).

I prefer dry tobacco and dry cigars. Water vapor makes cigars taste acrid to me. Whether this has anything to do with my saliva I don't know but I thought I would mention it to clarify. Like Wilkey I enjoy the smell of most tobacco. Not all, sometimes cigar smoke smells bad to me depending on the individual cigar. I find no correlation to the smell of smoke and the taste of the cigar. I have smoked many cigars on both ends of the spectrum and find no relationship to speak of. I often transfer smoke from my mouth to my sinus and exhaust it through my nose. I tend to do this unconsciously now. My nose does not run as a consequence, however.

If you are passing out cigars and these are my choices, I will take an '06 Party 898V.

-Piggy

I am a slobbery wet person! I sweat a lot, my nose is almost never dry, my eyes are not dry and my mouth is hardly ever dry. I salivate a lot while smoking and I often spit when in outside of certain company. I cannot hold a cigar in my mouth as I will drool all over the place. I also don't like smoke in my eyes and despite smoking thousands of cigars, will cough if I get smoke in my lungs.

I was nearly at the end of the 2nd page of this topic thinking I was the only one who drooled with the cigar in their mouth LOL. Sometimes I'm grilling, bend over to pick something up with the cigar in my mouth and there goes drool out the side of my mouth, smoke in the eye (temporarily blind), pull the cigar out breath some smoke in and cough a couple times.

Anyway, I'm a wet smoker and by default I'd take the 898.