"Wet" Cigar smokers and "Dry" Cigar Smokers

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like my cigars dry and my women wet. Hoyo in the morning, 898 at night!

Dry... somewhere in my convoluted logic I figure the less slurry on my lips the better chance I'll have of not finding a close-up photo of my mouth on a box of cigars.

I guess I'm smoking mostly dry.. just a matter of preference but I'd equate it to (not) biting drinking straws.  I usually keep my cigar only between my lips and almost roll my lips a little in

Echo comments above - if i am busy doing something and have to hold puro in mouth then it will get wet. Otherwise no.

However: has anyone noticed More of a bitter mint taste and dark patch of tar at end of cigar when slobbering on it ??

I.e. does slobbering on and thus moistening the cigar head attract more tar than would otherwise be the case.

which then tastes pretty bitter when you touch it with your tongue.

As for brilliant des Dieux vs. P898 i have never had a brilliant 898, yet, (still trying to get rid of '05 box of very mild ones, ok but bland) so i'd try one of those.

Moist I have to admit. Not slobbery, but not dry by most accounts either.

If the des dieux is an 03 then yes please. :lol: and a psp cab next to it :huh:

For me it would have to WET, well moist to very wet and my cigars ...... î•î‹

Have trimmed the foot on more than one occasion î•

But at times I would trade the saliva for more taste buds ,if there is a correlation 

OZ :tantrum: ®™

• 8 years later...

Just found this thread now as I'm enjoying and thoroughly messing up my delicious Monte #1. Decided to clip the messy end and the flavors are again coming back.  

How do you keep your mouth dry, dry smokers? 

Where I grew up, they say wet smokers are good kissers. LOL. Probably why I never bothered to learn to smoke dry. 

Growing up smoking hand rolls that are shared, one better be a dry smoker or you won't be invited to partake. This has carried on into my cigar hobby, but if it's a big ring, I have to work to keep it in my mouth as I walk around so it will get wet. When I first started smoking, I thought I was getting more for my money with a bigger ring. Boy was I wrong. I'm a skinny guy lover for sure!

I never had either cigar. I feel lucky to have tried at least 30 different cigars in the 5 weeks that I have been smoking them. My first decent cigar was a Fuente 898 so if those were my options I would go with the 898. I've never met a cuban I didnt like aside from a young PLPC and PLMs so I am sure I'd be happy with either of them.

I like my cigars dry and my women wet. Hoyo in the morning, 898 at night!

• Like 2

I guess I'm smoking mostly dry.. just a matter of preference but I'd equate it to (not) biting drinking straws. 

11 hours ago, MigsG said:

How do you keep your mouth dry, dry smokers? 

I usually keep my cigar only between my lips and almost roll my lips a little inwards. Some saliva still gets on the rims of the tip. If it's a tight cigar I notice that using the extra effort to draw will make it wetter.

• Thanks 1

Wet, and wish I was not.  One of the reasons I prefer to smoke outside is because I constantly want to spit.  Swallowing cigar tainted saliva is just not pleasing.  

Although I like the format of the 8-9-8, I cant stand the Partagas flavor profile, so I would have to got with the HdM.  With that said, neither are my cup of tea.