So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

47 minutes ago, Philc2001 said:

Been a Busy couple of months, my biggest acquisitions have been a Sonata for my daughter and a Veloster for my son.... :)75564ab3d1732fc5096b871a2dbe6b82.jpg
b10c2a838902604adbc0b22e3def5a96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice.  I hope they don't drink and drive though....:lol:

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

12 hours ago, Philc2001 said:

Been a Busy couple of months, my biggest acquisitions have been a Sonata for my daughter and a Veloster for my son.... :)75564ab3d1732fc5096b871a2dbe6b82.jpg
b10c2a838902604adbc0b22e3def5a96.jpg

Do you have an inside deal at Hyundai?

9 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:
Do you have an inside deal at Hyundai?

No, but Hyundai has one of the best warranties; bumper to bumper coverage for 60k and power train for 100k miles. That's for my peace of mind, I don't need to worry about them breaking down while they are away at school, first car and all.

And sorry to all for posting cars... I thought it was funny and coincidental that I had a red and a white, as in wine. I'm nowhere near as experienced in wine collecting as many here, though I do sincerely enjoy the nectar of the grape.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tave1225 said:

2003 Chave Hermitage Blanc - 1 case

image.jpg

A case?  Wow, I don't know many that are that big on the Blanc!  I think I have this wine in a different vintage or may be form Chapoutier. 

I am big fan of Condrieu as my favorite white Rhone wine.

11 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

A case?  Wow, I don't know many that are that big on the Blanc!  I think I have this wine in a different vintage or may be form Chapoutier. 

I am big fan of Condrieu as my favorite white Rhone wine.

I used to be a big buyer of white burgundy but having been burned by the premox issues too many times, I tend to buy more white Rhône of late. Love Chave’s white. I do like the wines from Condrieu. 

On 10/11/2017 at 9:51 AM, Tave1225 said:

image.jpg

that is pretty special. terrific wine. the original, the 1962, is often called the greatest wine australia ever made. last time i tried it was last year and it was still spectacular though some bottles tiring. not that there were ever many.

60A is a special wine. I’m jealous that you had the opportunity to try the 1962. Hopefully you didn’t spit. :-) I had the chance to purchase two bottles of the 2004 but was slow and was only able to get one. I will hold on to it for some years before pulling the cork 

1 hour ago, Tave1225 said:

60A is a special wine. I’m jealous that you had the opportunity to try the 1962. Hopefully you didn’t spit. :-) I had the chance to purchase two bottles of the 2004 but was slow and was only able to get one. I will hold on to it for some years before pulling the cork 

the 04 is really good and will age for a very long time.

the 1962 - definitely never spat it out. i think i have probably tried it around ten times over the years. it is only in the last few years that some bottles have started to show any tiredness but good bottles are some of the greatest wines ever made!

• Like 1

Went for short trip to the local wine region of Yarra Valley for a wine tasting today.
c179ff11308cbb1519fb61694f946858.jpg

Picked up a few bottles of their new vintage release:
49c306cbd0e237a01edf9e2b030f20a7.jpg
- 4 bottles of the 2015 Mount Mary Vineyards Quintet Cabernets
- 2 bottles of the 2015 Mount Mary Vineyards Chardonnay

Dropped by another familiar winery on the way back and got some more of the new vintage release:
501731c486a4bdf90892db26c09dcf5a.jpg
- 4 bottles of the 2015 Yarra Yering Dry Red No. 1
- 2 bottles of the 2015 Yarra Yering Dry Red No. 2

• Like 2

Looks nice. Have you given the new versions of the Nadurra a try?

Thanks...it's been a while since I had any of the Nadurra range. I should pick one up on my next visit to the store. How are they?

5 hours ago, Mr.T said:

Thanks...it's been a while since I had any of the Nadurra range. I should pick one up on my next visit to the store. How are they?

They are ok. The 16 was more refined and "gentle" if I can say that about a 60% beast. The new ones are all young and hot, but not bad. Not something special though imo.

• Like 3