FatherOfPugs

So, what are your recent acquisitions?

Recommended Posts

On 3/3/2018 at 8:35 PM, stinkhead said:

Grabbed a magnum of this today.

 6FD3EAA9-DF18-4D07-AAC3-96FABD71875E.thumb.jpeg.3fd53556f2b52b901429bc2d87090d01.jpeg

Was that from B&M retailer?  Is that the current vintage offered from Mascariello?   Would be cradle robbing to drink that under 10 years old.  20 years old would be more appropriate.  That should be a fun bottle!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Was that from B&M retailer?  Is that the current vintage offered from Mascariello?   Would be cradle robbing to drink that under 10 years old.  20 years old would be more appropriate.  That should be a fun bottle!

Was from a B&M and I agree with you it’s already in long term storage I am shooting to cellar till it’s 20th vintage. I am not sure what current release is. But there there was a case of 2012 750ml’s. 

Not sure if people know they are there or not since according to the chains website they are sold out everywhere. 

It was one of those purchases where I was not expecting to see it in the cellar and jumped on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We have I believe two of those Blanton's in Ontario. I'd be willing to ship instead of you getting them from overseas. Let me know if you need me to look!
Sorry..ive been off the site for a while. Thanks for the offer. Mind if i ask what they go for in Ontario ?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
funny you post those. i literally bought a couple of those blantons yesterday.
....and, what do you think of them ? Im quite enjoying the Private Reserve. The special reserve is kind of 'meh'. Better bourbons at cheaper prices to be had.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impossible to find here in BC but found a few bottles in Oregon while on a golf trip to Bandon Dunes. Drank the first bottle in one night ( with friends). The other came home. Delicious stuff !ab249b948c52be66be1945dc52ef1eb7.jpg

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of cases of Krondorf Symmetry Shiraz to split with a few friends.

IMG-20180309-WA0008.thumb.jpeg.82ba692c5a7217f2b6891fb543b7cfff.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

Ran out...stocked a little back up...

 

20180310_112406.jpg

No Booker’s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four Pillars Chardonnay Barrel + Sherry Cask Gin

Below are the latest releases from Four Pillars. I received my pre-release order last week, but this has just gone on sale in Australia, with a limit of one order per customer. I expect them to sell out quickly. The Four Pillars website categories these releases thusly...

Purchase the two additions to the Four Pillars Gin family as an at-home tasting pack - both our new barrel-aged gins, each with very distinct characteristics.

You'll get one 500mL bottle of our first ever Sherry Cask Gin blend from our 42 cask solera of Spanish Sherry and Australian Apera casks. The final blend has been given a tweak of Amontillado Sherry from Spain, producing a sipping gin with nutty, sweet flavours plus juniper and notes of crushed coriander seed.

Plus one 500mL bottle of Solera No. 7 of our newly christened Chardonnay Barrel Gin. This has been in barrel about six months longer than the 2017 release, showing even more of those gorgeous preserved ginger notes, richer spice, and oaky sweetness.

5aa51a3da499c_2018-03-1112_28_13.thumb.jpg.c897368ef7212335a799c55339234dd5.jpg5aa51a45b8153_2018-03-1112_28_32.thumb.jpg.884e46a972b935f617e66b79f3fea1cd.jpg5aa51a4dec325_2018-03-1112_28_48.thumb.jpg.f23f69a3748be01a9d1ff363de91193c.jpg5aa51a57a9de4_2018-03-1112_29_00.thumb.jpg.b25d8f465a4dbb9f02b45172bdd8c850.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

La Madrid single vineyard Malbec 2014. I was quite surprised to find these at my local Costco for $11/bottle. They sure went fast.

bc1a4b15b0dae942c36166f63ab65670.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SirVantes said:

0BEB9891-51DE-49A3-AD0D-23E40763DC8C.thumb.jpeg.c257cacd76e230c5efc9b7d8b8ec7b8a.jpeg

Popular CdP in my locale.  I have some '05 and maybe another vintage?  The La Crau is the fancier one, right?  I think I have just regular vintage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Popular CdP in my locale.  I have some '05 and maybe another vintage?  The La Crau is the fancier one, right?  I think I have just regular vintage.

My understanding is that their main wine has always been wholly from the La Crau site, and from the 90s had "La Crau" stated somewhere on the label.  They also do a CdP labelled "Telegramme" which contains younger La Crau fruit and some other parcels, and a third wine called "Piedlong". 

La Crau is certainly the one that made their reputation. It's my favourite CdP (until maybe I get the chance to taste Rayas).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmmm.... Domaine Du Vieux Telegragh in 6 pack owc, awesome stuff there! I bet that wood case still smells amazing:love:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SirVantes said:

My understanding is that their main wine has always been wholly from the La Crau site, and from the 90s had "La Crau" stated somewhere on the label.  They also do a CdP labelled "Telegramme" which contains younger La Crau fruit and some other parcels, and a third wine called "Piedlong". 

La Crau is certainly the one that made their reputation. It's my favourite CdP (until maybe I get the chance to taste Rayas).

rayas is a stunning wine. was doing stuff for a local wine mag on wine lists and discovered that on one i was supposed to write about, there was the 1990 rayas (one of my absolute faves). for $240 (winesearcher had the world's cheapest bottle at the time at about $1500). it just happened we were having our annual fishing lunch around then and a couple of the guys were members of that club. so we had it there. got through a couple before the bloke who ran the cellar came up and banned us from any more - he was down to his last bottle and the committee would have strung him up if we'd got that as well. big fan. 

also henri bonneau (been to rayas but sadly never made bonneau). he passed away a while back and i don't think anyone else is making the wines. such a shame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Baccy said:

Mmmm.... Domaine Du Vieux Telegragh in 6 pack owc, awesome stuff there! I bet that wood case still smells amazing:love:

12 bottle owc actually.  There's another layer under the cardboard :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

rayas is a stunning wine. was doing stuff for a local wine mag on wine lists and discovered that on one i was supposed to write about, there was the 1990 rayas (one of my absolute faves). for $240 (winesearcher had the world's cheapest bottle at the time at about $1500). it just happened we were having our annual fishing lunch around then and a couple of the guys were members of that club. so we had it there. got through a couple before the bloke who ran the cellar came up and banned us from any more - he was down to his last bottle and the committee would have strung him up if we'd got that as well. big fan. 

also henri bonneau (been to rayas but sadly never made bonneau). he passed away a while back and i don't think anyone else is making the wines. such a shame. 

1990 Rayas! The bottle that Parker back in the day said he wouldn't part with unless someone offered a pristine Petrus 47! And for $240?!  I think that makes up for Daryl Hannah...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SirVantes said:

12 bottle owc actually.  There's another layer under the cardboard :)

Even better! From the pics, the bottles have a nice frosty appearance like they were just pulled from a cellar, were they not? Lol, It's making the ole mouth water. I LOVE me some cdp. I have a few bottles of 2010 & 2012 Clos Des Papes and I had some 2007 but I've already tore into those...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, SirVantes said:

1990 Rayas! The bottle that Parker back in the day said he wouldn't part with unless someone offered a pristine Petrus 47! And for $240?!  I think that makes up for Daryl Hannah...

i actually bought some on release (and the 89). from memory, about $60. there might be some in the cellar but they have very dodgy labels and often end up as cleanskins. 

one bottle or ms hannah? but that day, we did have a couple so that might just tip the scales...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baccy said:

the bottles have a nice frosty appearance like they were just pulled from a cellar, were they not? 

Good eye! They were just pulled from bonded storage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2018 at 4:54 PM, AussieCanuck said:

Decent bourbon is tough to find in BC, Canada. Had to go to Australia for these....Chivas was a DF pick up.06ed268b05a5989ef4b802d11269510c.jpg

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
 

Nice bottles, have you ever tried Blanton's Gold? I live in the South and I've never even seen the Gold in stores, but I'd love to put my hands on a bottle or two!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Baccy said:

Nice bottles, have you ever tried Blanton's Gold? I live in the South and I've never even seen the Gold in stores, but I'd love to put my hands on a bottle or two!

I believe Gold is an International release only. I had to order it from an overseas site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stinkhead said:

I believe Gold is an International release only. I had to order it from an overseas site. 

i know one of them is and i think it is the gold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.