So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

A new Total Wine & More opened up near me today. Went for the Grand Opening, got some swag and came home with this 1.75L.

20181012_123515.thumb.jpg.26154774fca957f0b2e7ed9a212cfddc.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/12/2018 at 2:41 PM, BrightonCorgi said:

Unfamiliar with this.  Buy it locally?

Yes, Total Wine was out but NH liquor still has some. It was really good

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Baccy said:

Damn, this stuff is good. It's easily the best Japanese Whisky I've had thus far and pretty close to the best whisky overall! I'm officially over my snobby single-malts only phase...

20181023_195120_resized.thumb.jpg.ff0cc235f61668ab83493bded832c56f.jpg

Discontinued for a couple years now. Stock up if your local has more bottles!

• Like 1

On 10/27/2018 at 7:20 AM, shlomo said:

Discontinued for a couple years now. Stock up if your local has more bottles!

I honestly did not know that. I knew about the most recent stuff they discontinued like the Hakushu, but not the 12. Apparently the 12 yr old has been discontinued since 2015. My local actually has one more bottle but he's jacked the price up!

...but it's not so jacked up that I can't afford to snag that last bottle?

Edited by Baccy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Ethernut said:

1974 (Bottled) Henry McKenna 6 Year 86 Proof Bourbon. The last year heaven hill bottled in Nelson County KY. This is pre-GMO bourbon people.. 

Kind of a neat story, I lived in Nelson County as a toddler. I remember fishing in and camping next to the distillery ponds. Going to give this to my Dad for Christmas and we're gonna crack it open!

IMG_0054.jpeg

IMG_0053.jpeg

Holy crap where did you find this??

Might as well gift a cigar or two with it!  

12 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Holy crap where did you find this??

Might as well gift a cigar or two with it!  

Private Bourbon group I'm involved with. Pretty cool find. As you might imagine, my Dad has an unlimited supply of Cigars from yours truly...

Here's another I'm considering picking up

294301706_ScreenShot2018-10-28at12_55_23PM.thumb.png.ce67c4e2ea8272eb814205dd6f89e9f5.png

• Like 3

Where's my Stagg? hehehe
Unfortunately the stagg is gone, but I will have other good things. I have around 30 lottery entries in va. There's a grand opening lottery event at a local store in 2 weeks. Hopefully I can get something as good or better than stagg soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, prodigy said:

Unfortunately the stagg is gone, but I will have other good things. I have around 30 lottery entries in va. There's a grand opening lottery event at a local store in 2 weeks. Hopefully I can get something as good or better than stagg soon.

Just joshin' with you of course! ?

Just joshin' with you of course!
I know, but a pour of stagg and a good cigar would make for an awesome conversation. I feel pretty confident I'll have something nice to share when I finally make it out to Lexington. I'm trying to plan something with my brother, looks like early to m9d December

• Like 1

On 10/28/2018 at 12:39 AM, Ethernut said:

1974 (Bottled) Henry McKenna 6 Year 86 Proof Bourbon. The last year heaven hill bottled in Nelson County KY. This is pre-GMO bourbon people.. 

Awesome find!  I have a feeling it's only a matter of time before most things are GMOs, and I'm ok with that. We've been doing that for longer than folks think.

http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2015/from-corgis-to-corn-a-brief-look-at-the-long-history-of-gmo-technology/

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1