FatherOfPugs

So, what are your recent acquisitions?

Recommended Posts

Just joshin' with you of course!
^^^^ I told you I'd find something else just as good :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked this up last night, giving it a try, not sure what to expect, lol! 😅

20181031_105036.thumb.jpg.d723b5308cefdd241ba32a34d1e1852f.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5F57C85A-9A7E-4EAA-819E-2ACF57E642B9.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ethernut said:

5F57C85A-9A7E-4EAA-819E-2ACF57E642B9.jpeg

have the 2004 and saw that they have just released this 05 in australia. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Picked this up last night, giving it a try, not sure what to expect, lol! 😅

20181031_105036.thumb.jpg.d723b5308cefdd241ba32a34d1e1852f.jpg

Total Wine? If so, particularly ironic label on that bottle if you know who owns Total Wine and what his political beliefs are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bpm32 said:

Total Wine? If so, particularly ironic label on that bottle if you know who owns Total Wine and what his political beliefs are.

I know all about his politics. Fortunately, he is no longer the president of the company. I don't do the whole boycott thing based on politics, they never work and usually end up giving the person or business that is being boycotted MORE business. Unfortunately, in Texas, there are only so many places I can buy hard alcohol from due to wonky archaic laws, so I go to the place where my pocket book takes the least hit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FatherOfPugs said:

I know all about his politics. Fortunately, he is no longer the president of the company. I don't do the whole boycott thing based on politics, they never work and usually end up giving the person or business that is being boycotted MORE business. Unfortunately, in Texas, there are only so many places I can buy hard alcohol from due to wonky archaic laws, so I go to the place where my pocket book takes the least hit. 

Not meant to be an attack at all!—just that when you posted the bottle I had never heard of it, so I looked it up, made the connection, and had a chuckle. I lived in MD for years and the Trone Bros. very much still own that company, and were unusually vocal about their political beliefs for guys running a business.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bpm32 said:

Not meant to be an attack at all!—just that when you posted the bottle I had never heard of it, so I looked it up, made the connection, and had a chuckle. I lived in MD for years and the Trone Bros. very much still own that company, and were unusually vocal about their political beliefs for guys running a business.

 

Didn't take it as an attack, wasn't sure if you were suggesting I boycott them or not. The place I used to get my spices from Penzey's Spices, the owner, Bill Penzey is another who is very vocal about his political beliefs which are contrary to my own. I did a little digging and turns out he and his sister both inherited the company from their father 50/50, didn't see eye-to-eye and they split up. So I now buy my spices from her, The Spice House, she and her husband are not vocal about their politics at all, which would seem to be smart for a business owner.  If there was another store that was as close to my house as TW is with the same prices, I would go there, but unfortunately, the only "local" place that is close has prices that are quite a bit higher and right now I just can't justify spending $5 - 10 more on a bottle of something just to support the local guy. I wish there was a Spec's closer! Spec's is a Texas based company that is big enough to compete with TW on prices, but the closest store to my house is 30 minutes drive away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I boycott total wine only for the reason that they are one of the worst in muscling into a new market and driving the specialists out of business with unsustainable margins.

They tried and failed spectacularly with K&L Wines, however.

If it has to be a big guy, I go with BevMo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Replenished the stock on Woodford today, love the value on the 1.75L:

20181102_223758.thumb.jpg.3f3d24ed451547eff2bf7fc9329c2b69.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked these up today. Not sure what to expect from the Stagg Jr apart from a lot of heat. Pretty rare to get/find these in British Columbia. Had a one bottle limit per customer. 49bbad4fc7cfeea0933742f19607004b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A split order with @DirtyHarry

20181105_183212.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked this up this evening:

20181110_181332.thumb.jpg.a6b12fc0cea782f293bc3403485e52ff.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recently picked these up. Hoping to get the entire set42ebd8033d77d3d9f7be9d57fb2a387a.jpg9c32017999ac9e114adf6e6690b02e57.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Local store is having a grand opening lottery. Hopefully I get my ticket called early!!a1405143992c313def58e25ffed795e5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, prodigy said:

Local store is having a grand opening lottery. Hopefully I get my ticket called early!!a1405143992c313def58e25ffed795e5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
 

Is that an ABC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is that an ABC?
Yes, in north Carolina. I got blantons. Oh well, it was fun seeing some rare bottles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Struck another lucky win in the Virginia lottery! And I just found out I won the old forester too!!!01f865e1fd491f342c00ed42a507738b.jpg
 
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
 
 
 
818379cda0edc341253ed423a778d0a3.jpg
Turns out I won 2 of the 4 Rose's 130th. The black Friday 20% applies to all bottles, so that's nice too! I feel like I should by a lotto ticket!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.