So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

Well we struck out on all the pappy bottles. So many people were at all the stores. It was mayhem, maybe 1% of people or less actually got one. Still had fun and am not leaving empty handed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Finished off the set99279f9c84f2a9f2bc5eb3d04f27542b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dang, that didnt take long. They just released, and I have yet to see any.

11 hours ago, prodigy said:

Dang, that didnt take long. They just released, and I have yet to see any.

Where are you located? My local retailer didn't receive its shipment until two weeks ago and the Oban came in for them last weekend

Where are you located? My local retailer didn't receive its shipment until two weeks ago and the Oban came in for them last weekend
North Carolina. I was just in Lexington Kentucky and didnt find any there either. Have you tried any yet? I'd be very interested in the lagavulin more than the others.

I've had the Singleton(House Tully) and Dalwhinnie(House Stark). Both were good. The Singleton was very smooth with a little spice/pepper on the back end and the Dalwhinnie had some very good sweet notes to it. My plan is to purchase two full sets to try em all and keep the other for display purposes. 

• Like 2

...and you didnt reach out? /fail
It was for less than 24 hours and we were hitting as many kroger's as possible to sign up for the pappy holidays thing. Then liquor barn lottery in the morning and I was back on my way to Knoxville. I'll be back for a real visit in the week before Christmas. If I had any extra time I would have sent you a message.

25 minutes ago, prodigy said:

I should by a lottery ticket...65e98467fadad123cf2701fd4964f679.jpg4a67473d5c13ce4a0dd63a28bc76a686.jpg

Ooooo, nice! I was supposed to get a bottle of Pappy 15, but I think the clerk sold it out from under me ?

Ooooo, nice! I was supposed to get a bottle of Pappy 15, but I think the clerk sold it out from under me
That's a shame. Any more details? Those are usually lottery items. If it's an abc store, they can't do that, so I'm assuming it's a mom and pop liquor store?

Just now, prodigy said:

That's a shame. Any more details? Those are usually lottery items. If it's an abc store, they can't do that, so I'm assuming it's a mom and pop liquor store?

Its a Winn-Dixie Liquors. They don't do lottery, just maintain a list on sticky note. I'm not 100% thats it gone, but the managers of other stores are saying they already got their and they're long gone. They could just be telling everyone that, but we shall see.

I finally found some Stagg JR, but the store owner wanted 160 bucks! I said thanks but no thanks.... Too bad we don't have ABC stores around these parts.
That's just out right robbery. Even secondary pricing is usually 90-100. The 2 bottles I've found were 60 I think. Maybe 55+tax.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, prodigy said:

That's just out right robbery. Even secondary pricing is usually 90-100. The 2 bottles I've found were 60 I think. Maybe 55+tax.

I know man, that's why I turned it down and waited. Fortunately I was able to find a bottle today in Macon for 60 bucks. So now I have some Stagg Jr and I didn't get ripped a new one. ?

was reading about this on the weekend. keep us posted as to what it is like. 
It's very good. There are many slight variations, but they all tend to get good reviews. I have one bottle and I really enjoy it. Haven't tried any recently, maybe a poor for my next review.

41 minutes ago, prodigy said:

It's very good. There are many slight variations, but they all tend to get good reviews. I have one bottle and I really enjoy it. Haven't tried any recently, maybe a poor for my next review.

look forward to it.