So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

16 minutes ago, LLC said:

I see a lot of reviews done by James Halliday in my reading. I didn’t know he was from Australia. Good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

james would be our leading wine writer and has been for several decades. he does do a lot of stuff offshore (suspect he might have done some fly fishing in canada). can't wait to tell him you did not think him aussie! 

• Like 1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

16 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

james would be our leading wine writer and has been for several decades. he does do a lot of stuff offshore (suspect he might have done some fly fishing in canada). can't wait to tell him you did not think him aussie! 

Oh wow I didn't know this either. Now every time I read his articles, I will read them with an accent in my head lol

Think I need to move up there! geez...
That one was the best odds. I was kind of hoping for more than 1 bottle. 1240 for the entire state, id guess something like 16,000 entries. The 15 year only had 174 bottles. I've been extremely lucky, I think it's been a fluke this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, prodigy said:

Was notified today I won a van Winkle special reserve 12 year.

Good lord. Your luck strikes again! 

You need to quit screwing around with booze and start buying lottery tickets. 

Seriously man, good for you! 

• Like 1

Good lord. Your luck strikes again! 
You need to quit screwing around with booze and start buying lottery tickets. 
Seriously man, good for you! 
I gave up when I didn't get the winning mega millions that was 1.6 billion haha

3 hours ago, prodigy said:

Did you find it in the wild or pay the secondary??

Well... I guess you could say secondary. I never could find any on the liquor store shelves. Looked all over! I ended up paying over 100 bucks for this one. I think msrp is like 20-30 bucks. As it's gotten harder to find, the price has risen. It's really good too? 

3 minutes ago, Baccy said:

20190204_184329_resized.thumb.jpg.f8c2d33d7b94bad3a63b4c9e4ba398e3.jpg

just got a sample of glenfarglas 1971. be interested to know what you think. it is a good line. 

i used to take a small bottle of the 40 year olf with me trout fishing promising that if i got something decent i'd stop for a cigar and a great whisky. problem was, the rare times i did, i immediately wanted to get back fishing so it never happened. that little bottle made trip after trip and i think i still have it. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

just got a sample of glenfarglas 1971. be interested to know what you think. it is a good line. 

i used to take a small bottle of the 40 year olf with me trout fishing promising that if i got something decent i'd stop for a cigar and a great whisky. problem was, the rare times i did, i immediately wanted to get back fishing so it never happened. that little bottle made trip after trip and i think i still have it. 

I didn't even know they made a 40 year version. I bet that was a damn fine drink! I've occasionally ran across the 25 yr old, but I've always passed it up in favor of a different scotch. This time the deal was too good let slide. It's gotta be one of the best, if not the best value in scotch. 

23 minutes ago, Baccy said:

I didn't even know they made a 40 year version. I bet that was a damn fine drink! I've occasionally ran across the 25 yr old, but I've always passed it up in favor of a different scotch. This time the deal was too good let slide. It's gotta be one of the best, if not the best value in scotch. 

Great distillery, one of my favorites.  I think they are very well priced for what they offer.  You can usually pick up some vintage gems that don't cost a fortune compared to some other big name distilleries.  

1 hour ago, Baccy said:

i think i have some 30 year old at home as well. have to check. they do make some lovely whisky. 

46 minutes ago, mtd057 said:

Great distillery, one of my favorites.  I think they are very well priced for what they offer.  You can usually pick up some vintage gems that don't cost a fortune compared to some other big name distilleries.  

Yes, one of the few family-owned distilleries left, and (along with Glendronach) a bastion of old style sherried drams.  Prices are rapidly rising though, especially for their great Family Casks vintage single cask range. Their standard 25, 30 and 40 are all well worth seeking out, as well their Christmas releases. 

• Like 1

Newest batch of ecbp has hit shelves in Virginia. My dad grabbed one for me yesterday. 0d06e34570aa173f42ef400aacf2fa95.jpg

• Like 4

Never had it but wanted to try it 
1C83375B-D495-444E-BE51-CAC300359959.thumb.jpeg.e8f6f33ebf8ba9803708fb45063b0d16.jpeg
I really like their 3 year. I wish I could get a hold of their older bourbons, but they are almost impossible to get. The gift shop doesn't even know when they are going to get bottles in. You basically have to call them every day and hope you get lucky. The lady their told me she gets over 100 calls per day from mostly the same people asking!

1 minute ago, prodigy said:

I really like their 3 year. I wish I could get a hold of their older bourbons, but they are almost impossible to get. The gift shop doesn't even know when they are going to get bottles in. You basically have to call them every day and hope you get lucky. The lady their told me she gets over 100 calls per day from mostly the same people asking!

I was able to source this through a private cigar social club, otherwise I probably would never have been able to obtain it. It was first come, first served and I was fortunate enough to reserve a bottle when they were made available to members (it was limit one per person).  I’m looking forward to trying it for the first time. 

Picked up a 1.75L of Willet this weekend, they were limited to 1 per.
20190209_172017.thumb.jpg.563bd55d87e817d92c254dc597226746.jpg
I wasn't a huge fan of that one, but they do have the coolest bottle I've ever seen.

23 minutes ago, prodigy said:

I wasn't a huge fan of that one, but they do have the coolest bottle I've ever seen.

The bottle is awesome, but you have to be very careful when pouring.