So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Today's finds. Never pass up a Col. EH Talor, and really excited about the Balvenie Sweet Toast of American Oak!

20190619_154107.thumb.jpg.61f65329eac9f80a2fe824771674b4b8.jpg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Pulled the trigger on this today. Plan on opening later.

20190619_201353.thumb.jpg.1a5f12c25f673e87b1c4941f110d6370.jpg

I think you will enjoy it. 

1 hour ago, irratebass said:

I think you will enjoy it. 

Definitely did. Plan on picking up another soon.

Just now, FatherOfPugs said:

Definitely did. Plan on picking up another soon.

Yeah, the price is so right, foolish not to have at least 2 bottles in your collection. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 4:42 PM, FatherOfPugs said:

Pulled the trigger on this today. Plan on opening later.

20190619_201353.thumb.jpg.1a5f12c25f673e87b1c4941f110d6370.jpg

Best value bourbon on the market!

I love it!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Baccy said:

Are those hard to find in your area?

Yes. They fly off the shelves as soon as they land. Usually both are gone the same day they arrive.

22 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Yes. They fly off the shelves as soon as they land. Usually both are gone the same day they arrive.

Wow! They're fully stocked here. Have you ever had the Eagle Rare 17?

48 minutes ago, Baccy said:

Wow! They're fully stocked here. Have you ever had the Eagle Rare 17?

I have not. Want to, but that is a white whale around here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FatherOfPugs said:

I have not. Want to, but that is a white whale around here.

Absolutely, the Eagle Rare 17 is truly "rare." I've never had it either. I mean it's much easier to find GTS, WLW, or Pappies....

8 minutes ago, Baccy said:

Absolutely, the Eagle Rare 17 is truly "rare." I've never had it either. I mean it's much easier to find GTS, WLW, or Pappies....

i think i posted a month or so ago - got to taste through the Antique Collection which included the 17 and some other special stuff. it is definitely worth chasing. although i would have serious reservations about the price, even if i had that sort of money. but it is a cracker. 

On 6/27/2019 at 9:20 PM, Ken Gargett said:

i think i posted a month or so ago - got to taste through the Antique Collection which included the 17 and some other special stuff. it is definitely worth chasing. although i would have serious reservations about the price, even if i had that sort of money. but it is a cracker. 

I know what you mean. I bought a bottle of Pappy15 about 6 months ago, just to see what all the fuss was about... I purchased the cheapest bottle I could find and it was still ridiculously expensive. The only real way to get the stuff at an affordable price is to get it through a lottery, and unfortunately I don't have that luxury in my state. I figured I would be let down and I would end up thinking the stuff was just overhyped bourbon, but I was pleasantly surprised. The stuff is heavenly. It's by far the best bourbon I've ever tasted. I have a really tough time not grabbing that bottle every day, but I'm really trying to make it last. It's that good! but... is it worth the cost? Of course not!

My brother from Portland, OR came out for a visit and brought with him a locally crafted bourbon which used Pinot Noir casks...very nice stuff ea9161f002bf99a471dc75eb25310453.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Replenished this today, just love the vanilla, oak, maple syrup, and richness of it.

20190702_195618.thumb.jpg.8869b280a50abdb656a83b5d0b5b752b.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/27/2019 at 9:34 PM, Baccy said:

I know what you mean. I bought a bottle of Pappy15 about 6 months ago, just to see what all the fuss was about... I purchased the cheapest bottle I could find and it was still ridiculously expensive. The only real way to get the stuff at an affordable price is to get it through a lottery, and unfortunately I don't have that luxury in my state. I figured I would be let down and I would end up thinking the stuff was just overhyped bourbon, but I was pleasantly surprised. The stuff is heavenly. It's by far the best bourbon I've ever tasted. I have a really tough time not grabbing that bottle every day, but I'm really trying to make it last. It's that good! but... is it worth the cost? Of course not!

Mix it with coke. It'll last longer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1