So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

On 22 December 2016 at 9:48 AM, umbzp44 said:

Seng, nice pickup! BTW, is there any way to tell whether a Clynelish cask is peated or not? I've found both from Signatory and no indication either way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peated Clynelish? Do you mean.....Brora?  I didn't think Clynelish has done any peated malt.

my uncle doesn't enjoy port so he gave me a bottle that he has had for decades. thinks he was given it by a patient many years ago. the 1945 Penfolds grandfather. he also had a normal grandfather. i'm a bit excited by this!

A 1945 Penfolds Grandfather... wow.

Please post some pics of this magnificent bottle.

Picked up a case of 2012 Pio Cesare Barolo, one of my favorite wines. Going to have a 2010 with New Years Eve dinner tonight; bone in rib-eye and Alaskan King Crab legs.

d31f760be16be3e58180ca720541eb34.jpg

16d0db1a64a69008f8fc8801b35723cb.jpg

83dd9e630eac99791d51703ddd97b9bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The last purchase of 2016 made on the eve of New Year's Day - a selection of vintage Aussie reds that are made in the big and rich style.

e1c67790cfda05c9b0e93429f4d6435d.jpg

A bottle each of the:
- 2006 Greenock Creek Alices Shiraz
- 2006 Trevor Jones Dry Grown Barossa Shiraz
- 1999 Jasper Hill Georgia's Paddock

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Frozen North said:

How did you like the flavour of this? The Bookers green label(13 year I think) is supposed to be delicious.

I really liked it, I had tried it at a cigar bar the night before and had to get a bottle the next day

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

And harder to find since Jim Murray made that 68.1% ABV Rye Whiskey the 2017 Award winner (I am talking about the 13-year old).

I looked far and wide for a bottle of this stuff. but with no luck. I've heard that the price skyrocketed once it was awarded this.

• Like 1

On 5 January 2017 at 8:04 PM, umbzp44 said:

No, peated Clynelish has been made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, I'd like to try that sometime. If it tasted anything remotely like Brora, I'd be in!  Waxy notes in a whisky + peat = winning combination in my book