So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

8 minutes ago, shlomo said:

No ice! Thats a lovely dram, let it breathe in the glass for 10 min before drinking, nice pick up!

I know ....very rarely use ice , thanks for the tip, will definitely give that a try, I am loving everything Ardbeg at present  

• Like 1

From duty free in Vegas. It was this or the Courvoisier XO; I still have some of that and have not tried this so decision made.

030704b1cb20eca2d36916885d723080.jpg

3243eb6cf3791acd4f4ba1b11c1c7eba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

South Australian red wine:

a7952f70a70f6f7841e5938b278e4107.jpg

- a bottle of the 2010 Clarendon Hills Sandown Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- a couple of bottles of the 2012 First Drop Wines the Cream Barossa Valley Shiraz
- 3 bottles of the 2012 First Drop Wines Fat of the Land Ebenezer Shiraz

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Where's that bottle of Xmas gin, John?

Haha...we forgot to open it the other week, @Fuzz! I should send some over to @Drguano to compliment his Christmas Cake and Ramon Allones Superiores!

8 minutes ago, BellevilleMXZ said:

Lot 40 is good Canadian whiskey eh.... ;)

Yes, so many positive reviews from members here! :ok: (Forgive me, as Ray @PigFish would say, I'm out of likes for the day!)

• Like 2

Kavalan Solist Peaty Cask.

c31b68ac9e58741e94fb8fe07e71e20a.jpg

A couple of mates of mine have struck out and started a whisky shop - good reason to provide some support.

Please let us know how it tastes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

the barrys make some stunning riesling but the one you really want is the florita. a small part of a vineyard that is probably the most highly regarded patch of riesling in australia.

Hi Ken, I am excited to try the Riesling! I also did get 5 bottles of the Florita a month ago. I am very eager to open one soon. Just thinking about what to have with it!! Are you a big JB fan?

10 hours ago, Luca said:

Hi Ken, I am excited to try the Riesling! I also did get 5 bottles of the Florita a month ago. I am very eager to open one soon. Just thinking about what to have with it!! Are you a big JB fan?

known pete barry and his sons for many years. terrific family. some wonderful wines. riesling and things like the armagh shiraz. hard to go wrong with these guys.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

known pete barry and his sons for many years. terrific family. some wonderful wines. riesling and things like the armagh shiraz. hard to go wrong with these guys.

I hope I have the pleasure of meeting them one day!

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

just never get in car with pete barry. for any reason.

Why? Is he a terrible driver??

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

just never get in car with pete barry. for any reason.

pete is a good mate so obviously i would not want to defame him too much but he is insane behind a wheel. it is a miracle that hundreds have not died screaming horrible deaths in the clare valley.

• Like 1