So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

10 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

pete is a good mate so obviously i would not want to defame him too much but he is insane behind a wheel. it is a miracle that hundreds have not died screaming horrible deaths in the clare valley.

Haha!!!! Too funny!!!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Have not tried this yet but the opportunity came up yesterday, so I took a flyer and bought a bottle.  Will note that I have had the 21 year and it is very good and available at a much more reasonable price point than this 30 year.

IMG_1733.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BEVOSREVENGE said:

Have not tried this yet but the opportunity came up yesterday, so I took a flyer and bought a bottle.  Will note that I have had the 21 year and it is very good and available at a much more reasonable price point than this 30 year.

I have the 21 and I agree on flavor/value ratio. Let us know how that 30 ends up relative to the 21. 

18 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Just picked these up at auction. Haven't had one in ages.

IMG-20170203-WA0008.jpeg

i remember going to a small lunched hosted by colin G late 90s i think. some hotel owner could not make it (on the gold coast) so he gave the spot to one of his staff. delightful girl. she was working in the bottleshop till the results of the miss indy came through (which, if memory serves, she either won or came top three) and also doing spreads for playboy. (she was, and i know how this will sound, surprisingly innocent). needless to say, i don't think any of us could have told you any of the wines served. but it was a fun lunch.

• Like 2

Attended a Yarra Yering wine tasting today at the local wine shop with some mates and decided to go at it as a group for better discounts - can't say no to healthy discounts.

19777bf382ec3e752568472c8ffa2b84.jpg

Got me:
- a couple of bottles of the 2012 Henschke Marble Angle
- a couple of bottles of the 2014 Yarra Yering Dry Red No. 1
- a bottle of nicely aged Rioja

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, sengjc said:

Me neither - nice pickup, I should lookout for some.

Oh great. Now I gotta fight you too for what is left out there? :P

Such a pity Ben Glaetzer never made any more after the 2004 vintage. It was around the time they were re-branding, and I guess it didn't fit with the rest of the range.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ThePolskiOgorki said:

IMG_3869.JPG

Won this in the LCBO (Ontario Liquor Mafia) Buffalo Trace Lottery. They had all the Pappy's and BT Antique Collection and bottles of this up for grabs. Hard to believe this needs to be in the lottery and out of everything I wanted it the least! It is better than nothing I guess. First world problems. 

Ok, never heard of this lottery.....where do I go?

IMG_3869.JPG

Won this in the LCBO (Ontario Liquor Mafia) Buffalo Trace Lottery. They had all the Pappy's and BT Antique Collection and bottles of this up for grabs. Hard to believe this needs to be in the lottery and out of everything I wanted it the least! It is better than nothing I guess. First world problems. 

Tried it yet? You may be surprised by how good it is. I personally think it's better than the 12.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Finally available at the major liquor retailer in Australia, Dan Murphy's (no, not the baseballer and only in very limited qualities...as in, six per store!), so I had to get this while on offer. What can I say? I love Rye Whiskey!

2017-02-20 23.27.37.jpg

• Like 3

Guest robertsccr5
Finally available at the major liquor retailer in Australia, Dan Murphy's (no, not the baseballer and only in very limited qualities...as in, six per store!), so I had to get this while on offer. What can I say? I love Rye Whiskey!

2017-02-20 23.27.37.jpg

I'm not sure how liquor distribution to Australia works, but if it's anything like the US, you'll see more soon. About two years ago Sazerac Rye was near impossible to come by and now it's everywhere and for about $25-30 a bottle too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk