So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

when you say flinders, do you mean the uni?
send me a list of what you can get hold of, very few of our best head offshore, and i'll let you know what is worth chasing.

Good hour drive from Melbourne on the peninsula. Mom of a local friend lives there. I can essentially get what KL Wines offers

Www.klwines.com - anything good on there?

Thanks!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

On 1/15/2018 at 7:54 AM, AussieCanuck said:

Decent bourbon is tough to find in BC, Canada. Had to go to Australia for these....Chivas was a DF pick up.06ed268b05a5989ef4b802d11269510c.jpg

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

funny you post those. i literally bought a couple of those blantons yesterday.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2017 at 3:25 PM, sastrooper said:

Price was 252 euros incl of shipping, glad to be shown a cheaper price in aust. Unless you know someone who can get wholesale prices, no way in the world you’re gonna get the 46 for 299 in todays market. 

unfortunately not here in oz and in US $ but if you can arrange it, the 46 at US$275 at benchmark wines california - they have a daily email.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:54 PM, AussieCanuck said:

Decent bourbon is tough to find in BC, Canada. Had to go to Australia for these....Chivas was a DF pick up.06ed268b05a5989ef4b802d11269510c.jpg

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

We have I believe two of those Blanton's in Ontario. I'd be willing to ship instead of you getting them from overseas. Let me know if you need me to look!

• 2 weeks later...

Been busy with the newborn and couldn’t find the time to take pictures of some recent acquisitions - words will have to do:
- another bottle of the Ardbeg Uigeadail for casual drinking.
- another bottle of the Johnnie Walker Green Label 15 Year Old (current release) for casual drinking.
- a 1 litre bottle of the Johnnie Walker Green Label 15 Year Old, an older bottling that I was gifted.
- a bottle of the SMWS 1.204 “Blackberry lemon pavlova”, a 20 year old Glenfarclas that was on sale by the Society.
- a couple of bottles of the Arran 18 Year Old (distillery standard release) that are on sale.
- a couple of 1 litre bottles of the Laphroaig Quarter Cask that are on sale.
- a couple of bottles of the Glen Moray 18 Year Old, just released in Australia.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2018 at 11:53 AM, presa_dad said:

Very good local bourbon.dc82ecb5ef592d61495861af7a30d6e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Definitely is a great bourbon!  Every time I travel back to Wisconsin I bring back a few bottles.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bundwallah said:

I went on a Bourbon hunt yesterday to get these two. I sampled them a week prior and was "sold".

IMG_20180212_161036560_HDR.thumb.jpg.88b460ffba413c3198a7fa1c321afaa8.jpg

Eagle Rare is ridiculously delicious. I also picked up a bottle of the 1792 small batch to try. Excited to open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shlomo said:

Eagle Rare is ridiculously delicious. I also picked up a bottle of the 1792 small batch to try. Excited to open.

Apparently I got the last bottle of Eagle Rare in the province.  Inventory said the location had 1 bottle.  The guy found it in the back for me.  And yes, ridiculously delicious.  

• Like 1

Gifted from a friend on the occasion of my birthday ... The Dalmore Cigar Malt Reserve.  Surprisingly sweet for a single malt scotch, which indeed pairs well with cigars as I found out when I paired it with an Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature Maduro.  Can’t wait to pair it with a Partagas Serie E No. 2 as soon as the box arrives and acclimated.

D248342A-7CE6-4CC5-96CA-8AF6AAD6EAFA.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bundwallah said:

Apparently I got the last bottle of Eagle Rare in the province.  Inventory said the location had 1 bottle.  The guy found it in the back for me.  And yes, ridiculously delicious.  

Good man. I picked up a bunch from the saq last year. Who knows when they will be back...if ever.

• Like 1