So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

On 3/3/2018 at 8:35 PM, stinkhead said:

Grabbed a magnum of this today.

6FD3EAA9-DF18-4D07-AAC3-96FABD71875E.thumb.jpeg.3fd53556f2b52b901429bc2d87090d01.jpeg

Was that from B&M retailer?  Is that the current vintage offered from Mascariello?   Would be cradle robbing to drink that under 10 years old.  20 years old would be more appropriate.  That should be a fun bottle!

41 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Was that from B&M retailer?  Is that the current vintage offered from Mascariello?   Would be cradle robbing to drink that under 10 years old.  20 years old would be more appropriate.  That should be a fun bottle!

Was from a B&M and I agree with you it’s already in long term storage I am shooting to cellar till it’s 20th vintage. I am not sure what current release is. But there there was a case of 2012 750ml’s. 

Not sure if people know they are there or not since according to the chains website they are sold out everywhere. 

It was one of those purchases where I was not expecting to see it in the cellar and jumped on it. 

We have I believe two of those Blanton's in Ontario. I'd be willing to ship instead of you getting them from overseas. Let me know if you need me to look!
Sorry..ive been off the site for a while. Thanks for the offer. Mind if i ask what they go for in Ontario ?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

funny you post those. i literally bought a couple of those blantons yesterday.
....and, what do you think of them ? Im quite enjoying the Private Reserve. The special reserve is kind of 'meh'. Better bourbons at cheaper prices to be had.

Four Pillars Chardonnay Barrel + Sherry Cask Gin

Below are the latest releases from Four Pillars. I received my pre-release order last week, but this has just gone on sale in Australia, with a limit of one order per customer. I expect them to sell out quickly. The Four Pillars website categories these releases thusly...

Purchase the two additions to the Four Pillars Gin family as an at-home tasting pack - both our new barrel-aged gins, each with very distinct characteristics.

You'll get one 500mL bottle of our first ever Sherry Cask Gin blend from our 42 cask solera of Spanish Sherry and Australian Apera casks. The final blend has been given a tweak of Amontillado Sherry from Spain, producing a sipping gin with nutty, sweet flavours plus juniper and notes of crushed coriander seed.

Plus one 500mL bottle of Solera No. 7 of our newly christened Chardonnay Barrel Gin. This has been in barrel about six months longer than the 2017 release, showing even more of those gorgeous preserved ginger notes, richer spice, and oaky sweetness.

5aa51a3da499c_2018-03-1112_28_13.thumb.jpg.c897368ef7212335a799c55339234dd5.jpg5aa51a45b8153_2018-03-1112_28_32.thumb.jpg.884e46a972b935f617e66b79f3fea1cd.jpg5aa51a4dec325_2018-03-1112_28_48.thumb.jpg.f23f69a3748be01a9d1ff363de91193c.jpg5aa51a57a9de4_2018-03-1112_29_00.thumb.jpg.b25d8f465a4dbb9f02b45172bdd8c850.jpg

• Like 2

La Madrid single vineyard Malbec 2014. I was quite surprised to find these at my local Costco for $11/bottle. They sure went fast.

bc1a4b15b0dae942c36166f63ab65670.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SirVantes said:

0BEB9891-51DE-49A3-AD0D-23E40763DC8C.thumb.jpeg.c257cacd76e230c5efc9b7d8b8ec7b8a.jpeg

Popular CdP in my locale.  I have some '05 and maybe another vintage?  The La Crau is the fancier one, right?  I think I have just regular vintage.

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Popular CdP in my locale.  I have some '05 and maybe another vintage?  The La Crau is the fancier one, right?  I think I have just regular vintage.

My understanding is that their main wine has always been wholly from the La Crau site, and from the 90s had "La Crau" stated somewhere on the label.  They also do a CdP labelled "Telegramme" which contains younger La Crau fruit and some other parcels, and a third wine called "Piedlong". 

La Crau is certainly the one that made their reputation. It's my favourite CdP (until maybe I get the chance to taste Rayas).

15 hours ago, SirVantes said:

My understanding is that their main wine has always been wholly from the La Crau site, and from the 90s had "La Crau" stated somewhere on the label.  They also do a CdP labelled "Telegramme" which contains younger La Crau fruit and some other parcels, and a third wine called "Piedlong". 

La Crau is certainly the one that made their reputation. It's my favourite CdP (until maybe I get the chance to taste Rayas).

rayas is a stunning wine. was doing stuff for a local wine mag on wine lists and discovered that on one i was supposed to write about, there was the 1990 rayas (one of my absolute faves). for $240 (winesearcher had the world's cheapest bottle at the time at about $1500). it just happened we were having our annual fishing lunch around then and a couple of the guys were members of that club. so we had it there. got through a couple before the bloke who ran the cellar came up and banned us from any more - he was down to his last bottle and the committee would have strung him up if we'd got that as well. big fan. 

also henri bonneau (been to rayas but sadly never made bonneau). he passed away a while back and i don't think anyone else is making the wines. such a shame. 

11 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

rayas is a stunning wine. was doing stuff for a local wine mag on wine lists and discovered that on one i was supposed to write about, there was the 1990 rayas (one of my absolute faves). for $240 (winesearcher had the world's cheapest bottle at the time at about $1500). it just happened we were having our annual fishing lunch around then and a couple of the guys were members of that club. so we had it there. got through a couple before the bloke who ran the cellar came up and banned us from any more - he was down to his last bottle and the committee would have strung him up if we'd got that as well. big fan. 

also henri bonneau (been to rayas but sadly never made bonneau). he passed away a while back and i don't think anyone else is making the wines. such a shame. 

1990 Rayas! The bottle that Parker back in the day said he wouldn't part with unless someone offered a pristine Petrus 47! And for $240?!  I think that makes up for Daryl Hannah...

28 minutes ago, SirVantes said:

12 bottle owc actually.  There's another layer under the cardboard :)

Even better! From the pics, the bottles have a nice frosty appearance like they were just pulled from a cellar, were they not? Lol, It's making the ole mouth water. I LOVE me some cdp. I have a few bottles of 2010 & 2012 Clos Des Papes and I had some 2007 but I've already tore into those...

39 minutes ago, SirVantes said:

1990 Rayas! The bottle that Parker back in the day said he wouldn't part with unless someone offered a pristine Petrus 47! And for $240?!  I think that makes up for Daryl Hannah...

i actually bought some on release (and the 89). from memory, about $60. there might be some in the cellar but they have very dodgy labels and often end up as cleanskins. 

one bottle or ms hannah? but that day, we did have a couple so that might just tip the scales...

On 1/14/2018 at 4:54 PM, AussieCanuck said:

Decent bourbon is tough to find in BC, Canada. Had to go to Australia for these....Chivas was a DF pick up.06ed268b05a5989ef4b802d11269510c.jpg

Nice bottles, have you ever tried Blanton's Gold? I live in the South and I've never even seen the Gold in stores, but I'd love to put my hands on a bottle or two!

2 hours ago, Baccy said:

Nice bottles, have you ever tried Blanton's Gold? I live in the South and I've never even seen the Gold in stores, but I'd love to put my hands on a bottle or two!

I believe Gold is an International release only. I had to order it from an overseas site.