So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

Omg I love this here scotch! It's so damn buttery.:wub:

It's not exactly easy to find here in the states, especially now, but its easily the best scotch I've had, and I'd love to find more of this nectar.

20180711_222459_resized.thumb.jpg.54f0597936c08463646bc448f126aa8d.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

47 minutes ago, Baccy said:

It's not exactly easy to find here in the states, especially now, but its easily the best scotch I've had, and I'd love to find more of this nectar.

it is a cracker. there is an entire link on it - http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/topic/134341-glenmorangie-especially-the-signet/?tab=comments#comment-843486

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Baccy said:

Why is it hard to find in the states "especially now"? Did something happen?

On 7/12/2018 at 12:19 AM, shlomo said:

Why is it hard to find in the states "especially now"? Did something happen?

Well... I used to be able to order this stuff from a couple of different UK vendors, but they have stopped shipping to the States, and I doubt they have resumed shipping. This last bottle, that's pictured above, I found at a local package store, but that's very unusual. He had one bottle so I had to scoop it up. I was able to talk him down a bit also...

• Thanks 1

5b480fcf36ef8_2018-06-1410_21_29.thumb.jpg.1a05cdac937d0bdeed33addf2db6f7eb.jpg

Kavalan ex-Bourbon Cask Single Malt Whisky. From their website...

Kavalan ex-Bourbon Cask dilutes Solist ex-Bourbon with Kavalan spring water to 46% strength. It is incredibly smooth with a soft sweetness, losing the harshness and the alcohol edge and lingering over those unique flavours. It is clean and fresh tropical fruitiness with pleasant vanilla, coconut and spices.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

5b480fcf36ef8_2018-06-1410_21_29.thumb.jpg.1a05cdac937d0bdeed33addf2db6f7eb.jpg

Kavalan ex-Bourbon Cask Single Malt Whisky. From their website...

Kavalan ex-Bourbon Cask dilutes Solist ex-Bourbon with Kavalan spring water to 46% strength. It is incredibly smooth with a soft sweetness, losing the harshness and the alcohol edge and lingering over those unique flavours. It is clean and fresh tropical fruitiness with pleasant vanilla, coconut and spices.

Oooh. A tasting in the future perhaps? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

36c1ef99b0ace2eba7e1e28954a36e1d.jpg

A couple of bottles from Spain. I’m a sucker Brandy. The cheaper the better.
I def appreciate brandy from Spain. My fav for now is Torres 10. So smooth and sweet

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Been meaning to try the GM Signet. How is it?

• Like 1

I def appreciate brandy from Spain. My fav for now is Torres 10. So smooth and sweet

Torres is great! My favorite is Veterano, though. As I said, the cheaper the better :) And I love the spanish Brandy with cigars.
  • Like 2

On 7/14/2018 at 12:27 AM, PabloJr said:

Been meaning to try the GM Signet. How is it?

To me it's perfect! It's 46% alky, so it has just the right amount of heat, and the flavor is stunning. It's like espresso, spiced with citrus, and chocolate raisins, then this amazing natural sweetness on the palate. Good stuff!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Baccy said:

To me it's perfect! It's 46% alky, so it has just the right amount of heat, and the flavor is stunning. It's like espresso, spiced with citrus, and chocolate raisins, then this amazing natural sweetness on the palate. Good stuff!

Well said and agreed! It is expensive, and it is worth every penny. Sweet and delicious!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shlomo said:

Well said and agreed! It is expensive, and it is worth every penny. Sweet and delicious!!

Thanks. It's certainly not cheap but it's a value compared to other scotches in the same league. I have a bottle of Glenlivet Archive 21 yr old, and it's very good with it's green apple notes, but it's still not as good as the Signet imo, and the Signet is cheaper...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Baccy said:

Thanks. It's certainly not cheap but it's a value compared to other scotches in the same league. I have a bottle of Glenlivet Archive 21 yr old, and it's very good with it's green apple notes, but it's still not as good as the Signet imo, and the Signet is cheaper...

Signet is 50% more expensive here. I would still take signet very time.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to trying it

4 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

How much is it in your neck of the woods? I believe it was $190-$200 USD at Total Wine. I bought a bottle a few weeks ago, but have yet to try it.

Glenlivet 21 -$200

Signet - $297

Prices in cdn dollars and the Glenlivet will certainly be going up in price soon

6 hours ago, rckymtn22 said:

Glenlivet 21 - $266

Signet - $235

Hahaha, yes well..we can't all live in whisky heaven known as Alberta!

Signet all the way.

Any interesting Springbanks out your way?

My first Foursquare Rum...exceeded my expectations even given the hype it receives. Same complexity as top-shelf aged bourbon. Unbelievable stuff. I only wish the Cubans could make rum of this caliber.

0dd7aeda4926b52ceb6cff47fb17c9ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Kavalan Solist Vinho Barrique Single Cask Strength Single Malt Whisky...

796691919_2018-06-1410_21_45.thumb.jpg.fe8a53ea7c8ea1055a3b46669ec33522.jpg

From their website...

Vinho is fully matured in used American oak wine barrels that have been toasted and recharred in a way that brings out fruity vanilla notes from the whisky and wood overlaid on a delicate background of complex fruitiness. It has a complex and multi-dimensional background of pepper, spice, dates and other fruits, such as ripe melon and mango together with kiwi and a delicate blend of citrus fruits burst.

• Like 2