So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

you are kidding. 3 minutes ago, i was emailing with the angostura people about the next release. think it will be number 3, but i could have missed some. 

and yes, have tried it and like it a lot. i don't think it is only travel retail. but it is not widely available. 

Next release would be number 3, as this one is number 2. What's the flavour profile like?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

37 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Next release would be number 3, as this one is number 2. What's the flavour profile like?

quite a while since i have seen them. i have a feeling that i preferred 1 but did like them both. i need to dig the bottle out, if any left, and check it. 

On 3/23/2019 at 4:18 PM, JGD said:

Here’s what I’m taking home from my trip to Reims. (Not shown: the 80+ glasses of champagne my wife and I drank over the last few days.)

2F8A2DAC-1A98-4E87-8D36-747C5BBF7CE2.jpeg

What's the Comte cost in Reims?  Big fan of the Comte, but goes up in price every year!  Nice line up.  Have some bottles of the Saimon; hard to find in US.

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

What's the Comte cost in Reims?  Big fan of the Comte, but goes up in price every year!  Nice line up.  Have some bottles of the Saimon; hard to find in US.

I believe it was 115 Euros. We bought it at the Tattinger House. The Saimon was 29 Euros at a champagne bar/store that caters to small houses. They ship to the states if you find that you’ve run out.

1 minute ago, JGD said:

I believe it was 115 Euros. We bought it at the Tattinger House.

That's a solid price.  Last year, the lowest I found was $125 USD.  I'll go for Comte over Dom at similar prices.

Today's score on the way home! Was stoked that I actually found them and they weren't behind a counter, overpriced, or 1 only, so I picked up 2! Eagle Rare is becoming even rarer these days.

20190403_160128.thumb.jpg.4350373c6d221fd94c64815988ba2270.jpg

• Like 2

Been looking for a long time. Found this on accident. 3b317165313d4a4115cc304ff096b981.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Found these on the trek home this afternoon, 1.75L Buffalo Trace, and 2 750mL Eagle Rare.

20190405_200457.thumb.jpg.397c5bf492f801306c58777a8f50c399.jpg

• Like 3

My Co-Worker and I went in 50/50 on the Game Of Thrones Scotch set he “won” the right to purchase at a local retailer. We’re seeing this being sold for $2k or more, so we figured we will flip them around the end of the new season.

9ad1c1f5270ce4fa28e927c61677668d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 83Nation said:

My Co-Worker and I went in 50/50 on the Game Of Thrones Scotch set he “won” the right to purchase at a local retailer. We’re seeing this being sold for $2k or more, so we figured we will flip them around the end of the new season.

9ad1c1f5270ce4fa28e927c61677668d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just sold mine for 800 usd.  Couldn't be happier to get rid of it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Markspring1978 said:

@FatherOfPugs - I have been thinking about a future box pass that has a whiskey element, not whole bottles, just samples. Something to think about...

Anyway, a couple pickups in Vegas. Whiskey selection in Montana is lousy. 

4D1264B9-91FA-4EE0-B4A6-03FB72DF1C4A.thumb.jpeg.8d9ac770bda3a820e32ce8a96dd87d73.jpeg

Nice pick ups! A bottle pass may have a few more logistical issues due to spillage concerns, but an interesting idea.......

Nice pick ups! A bottle pass may have a few more logistical issues due to spillage concerns, but an interesting idea.......
The little vial jars with packing tape around the lids has always worked well for me.

• Like 1

Just now, Cayman17 said:

You buy bourbon like I buy cigars when I’m inebriated. Frequently ?

This stuff has been so scarce over the past 5 years, when I find it I buy without out even a second thought. Literally, stores will get their allotment and sell out within hours or minutes in some cases.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FatherOfPugs said:

This stuff has been so scarce over the past 5 years, when I find it I buy without out even a second thought. Literally, stores will get their allotment and sell out within hours or minutes in some cases.

They sell out of buffalo trace?  I see it at the local shop by my house all the time. I figured it was widely available. 

3 hours ago, Cayman17 said:

They sell out of buffalo trace?  I see it at the local shop by my house all the time. I figured it was widely available. 

They do. Some stores set a limit of 1 bottle per person and sell out in no time. 

They found additional bottles in the warehouse. This lottery ended like 6 months ago. Wow!3f4e5ac34f31c5bab71491d6ad0add4b.jpg

• Like 2