So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

On 4/16/2019 at 9:45 PM, FatherOfPugs said:

Picked up another 1.75L of Buffalo Trace on the way home:

10107896_BT1_75.thumb.png.a011a2221ac4b273ae6800acd22c7514.png

Ever since you posted this every bottle of Buffalo Trace has disappeared from my two closest liquor stores. And I’ve seen it every time I went there before, and passed because it was always available. 

1 hour ago, Cayman17 said:

Ever since you posted this every bottle of Buffalo Trace has disappeared from my two closest liquor stores. And I’ve seen it every time I went there before, and passed because it was always available. 

Never pass this up! The store I got this from had 6 of these on the shelf, I grabbed 1 and left 5. The other stores I go to still have them on the shelf as well. Where are you located? I'm in DFW. 

7 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Never pass this up! The store I got this from had 6 of these on the shelf, I grabbed 1 and left 5. The other stores I go to still have them on the shelf as well. Where are you located? I'm in DFW. 

I live in a suburb of Pittsburgh. We have state-run liquor stores so there is very little consistency.  I realized there must have been a restock a short time ago because I saw Nikka coffee grain bottles at the bigger store this weekend, and they haven’t had that for a very long time.  Scotch prices are steadily climbing so I’m stocking up there first. But I looked for Buffalo Trace and it was all gone. 

A friend brought this back for me from Ireland. I haven’t had it before. 

038892EC-1266-4D2D-AA4F-335E584B1D44.thumb.jpeg.eea5f51a77d75fdac8522b2ca8f7d491.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Markspring1978 said:

A friend brought this back for me from Ireland. I haven’t had it before. 

038892EC-1266-4D2D-AA4F-335E584B1D44.thumb.jpeg.eea5f51a77d75fdac8522b2ca8f7d491.jpeg

Thats my favorite irish whiskey by far!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BenW said:

Looking forward to these. I've tried the 2004 Foursquare before and it was insanely good.7b0a71b850dfac29b9298109002aea9f.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Been hearing really good things about Foursquare lately 

19 hours ago, irratebass said:

Been hearing really good things about Foursquare lately 

Yeah, all of the bottlings from the Exceptional Cask Selection range seem to be highly praised. I think 'Premise' and 'Dominus' are the latest releases in the series. Worth looking out for ?

• Like 1

Yeah, all of the bottlings from the Exceptional Cask Selection range seem to be highly praised. I think 'Premise' and 'Dominus' are the latest releases in the series. Worth looking out for
I'll post my thoughts when I crack it open. 1e8bff48273dc192d49f8d77c18088b4.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, prodigy said:

dd4dbbea701e35cf187089646bab89c0.jpg

Damn nice find there!

4 hours ago, prodigy said:

Not really anything new, but I'm finally getting organized after the move. My wife was tired of looking at 13 boxes full of liquor haha. 0c4460f9936e5820471bec023a9ca123.jpg

That is a nice collection!

• Like 2

On 5/11/2019 at 1:00 AM, BenW said:

Yeah, all of the bottlings from the Exceptional Cask Selection range seem to be highly praised. I think 'Premise' and 'Dominus' are the latest releases in the series. Worth looking out for ?

for what it is worth, a piece i did on four square rums not so long ago.

https://quillandpad.com/2019/02/07/foursquare-rum-compelling-texture-and-great-length-though-lacking-a-swashbuckling-name/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

Cheers Ken, really good read. I'll have to do a side by side comparison of the 2004 and the 2005 sometime soon. I suspect both won't be too far off each other.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 6:39 AM, Ken Gargett said:

Very nice Ken, thank you 

On 5/10/2019 at 8:03 PM, prodigy said:

dd4dbbea701e35cf187089646bab89c0.jpg

OFBB is still one of my favorite bottles. I thought it was much better in 2016 than just about anything out there. Even on the secondary market it is not priced too high in comparison to Antique Collection and others. cheers. 

OFBB is still one of my favorite bottles. I thought it was much better in 2016 than just about anything out there. Even on the secondary market it is not priced too high in comparison to Antique Collection and others. cheers. 
I have 2 bottles of 2018 that I got at MSRP. I wouldn't pay more than $100, it's good, but there are a lot of other bourbons on the shelf that are just as good.