So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

small world. tried it yesterday. fantastic bourbon. 

the entire aussie allocation was 15 bottles. 

I wish I could try someone else’s too. I can’t bring myself to open mine! 

USD 400 in Houston
I'd pay that price in a heartbeat. They regularly sell for 1k or more. Seems like that's the rarest one in the btac portfolio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, prodigy said:

I'd pay that price in a heartbeat. They regularly sell for 1k or more. Seems like that's the rarest one in the btac portfolio.

the way some of the guys were talking, they almost expected people here to buy them and then sell them back in the states. 

the way some of the guys were talking, they almost expected people here to buy them and then sell them back in the states. 
I haven't been collecting bourbon for very long, but I have seen a lot of rare and htf bottles either through friends or bourbon bars. That one I have never seen. Virginia doesn't have them in their lotteries when they do btac in the fall. I was told it's because they used to allow people to put their name on a list for up to 3 bottles. They stopped the lists but are fulfilling orders to those on the list before they go to lottery. Same thing with pappy 20 year, except the pappy list has finally been awarded after 7 years or so. c951e991d5e3215c152dcf49199a46ba.jpg

2 minutes ago, prodigy said:

I haven't been collecting bourbon for very long, but I have seen a lot of rare and htf bottles either through friends or bourbon bars. That one I have never seen. Virginia doesn't have them in their lotteries when they do btac in the fall. I was told it's because they used to allow people to put their name on a list for up to 3 bottles. They stopped the lists but are fulfilling orders to those on the list before they go to lottery. Same thing with pappy 20 year, except the pappy list has finally been awarded after 7 years or so. c951e991d5e3215c152dcf49199a46ba.jpg

first time i had seen it and as i mentioned, a total of 15 bottles for all australia. 

they mentioned another one - the black ????? - which i had never heard of but which has been picked up by the wall street guys. apparently similar money and demand as pappy. 

On 5/22/2019 at 7:17 AM, prodigy said:

I have seen them go for as high as $1,800 USD, but average is around $1,400 USD in the secondary market. Hard to believe really. 

26 minutes ago, prodigy said:

Score97547be2abdac760ee00b7652e30caae.jpg

have a bottle of that sitting in front of me on the desk. great stuff! have a bottle of their ten year old on the way (hopefully today) which i am really looking forward to.

have a bottle of that sitting in front of me on the desk. great stuff! have a bottle of their ten year old on the way (hopefully today) which i am really looking forward to.
I have 3 bottles of the ten year bourbon. I have yet to locate the rye. The bottle I have of this barrel proof rye from a year or 2 ago reminds me of Christmas. It's all peppermint, cinnamon and pine needles. Hopefully this year's release is similar.

1 hour ago, prodigy said:

I have 3 bottles of the ten year bourbon. I have yet to locate the rye. The bottle I have of this barrel proof rye from a year or 2 ago reminds me of Christmas. It's all peppermint, cinnamon and pine needles. Hopefully this year's release is similar.

i have one of the rye. good description. 

1 hour ago, BoliDan said:

Very dark, interesting! Not usually a fan of rum cask finish, but I never had it with rye. Decent? I think I'll be on the look out.

Definitely. The rum finish is fantastic on this, it works really well. I'm on the lookout for another bottle. 

• Like 1

My father-in-law came to meet his grandson yesterday for the first time. He brought me this. He knows I like Scotch and GoT, saw this and thought of me. Love my in-laws!

20190605_152226.thumb.jpg.f0eb74db4b048819c01a9a4f74ece127.jpg

• Like 4

Hard to find the house stark it’s always the one to sell out ,the most popular family on GOT