So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

On 7/6/2019 at 11:28 PM, shlomo said:

Mix it with coke. It'll last longer.

lol, Cocaine? Seriously though, the only thing I mix with coke is Cuban rum. I love the stuff but I've yet to find one that I can drink neat.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

12 hours ago, Buck14 said:

Small sampler from my Kentucky Bourbon Trail festivities this week...

5CE7C88C-30D6-4E59-A139-5E87AB34AF12.jpeg

Very nice haul! The only two I am not familiar with are the Peerless & the EW 12

On 6/21/2019 at 10:13 AM, irratebass said:

Yeah, the price is so right, foolish not to have at least 2 bottles in your collection. 

This really is a steal!

Some random guy saw me looking at bourbons in the liquor store and recommended it.  It was on the bottom shelf and hard to notice.  After I tried it, I went back the next day and bought two more.

• Like 1

I’ve heard good things about this one so excited to try something new and reasonably priced. I’m also a big fan of Fort Collins, CO! Had some good times out there during Fat Tire Festivals...6ae75c7d8c515084dd664178e0d8a358.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mr.T said:

I’ve heard good things about this one so excited to try something new and reasonably priced. I’m also a big fan of Fort Collins, CO! Had some good times out there during Fat Tire Festivals...6ae75c7d8c515084dd664178e0d8a358.jpg

I tried this last week and thought it was pretty good

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Grizzld said:

This really is a steal!

Some random guy saw me looking at bourbons in the liquor store and recommended it.  It was on the bottom shelf and hard to notice.  After I tried it, I went back the next day and bought two more.

Ha ha!!! Good man!

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 6:29 PM, pedro849 said:

Went for a bourbon run and split it with some friends....if it wasn’t for my wife, I would keep it all!!!!
52e295854fcd0350c6425412a373e61c.jpga0a701d54209970a04168447d7a35a03.jpg

I would have  to advise you to keep the Elmer T. Lee for yourself!!!! All the others are good and easy to find. Elmer is sold at 4x the actual price if you can find it

On 7/16/2019 at 7:03 PM, lovethehaze said:

Mother in law in for the baby to be soon ... little gift from Cuba emoji1083.png via Russia emoji635.png

370f95a4802d929313ce83e465634e6b.jpg

Nice! The HC7 is great!

• Like 2

Snagged a bottle of Booker's 30th in the lottery. 5 bottles for the entire state and 9400 entries. It has received great reviews too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 7/13/2019 at 5:29 PM, pedro849 said:

Went for a bourbon run and split it with some friends....if it wasn’t for my wife, I would keep it all!!!!
52e295854fcd0350c6425412a373e61c.jpga0a701d54209970a04168447d7a35a03.jpg

So the liquor stores have plenty of Blanton's? Can't get it here in N. Texas. Very nice haul!

Ya, spot hooks me up. Especially when you pay cash.(blue lable $120) I think the most I dropped in there in 1 month was about 10g's. When i checked out people around me where looking at me as if I was crazy.... so many much money for so little bottles....

A friend of mine very kindly have me a bottle of Opus One last Christmas. He bought it in his local store and the check-out girl was very young. The bottle didn't have a price sticker on it so she asked him if he knew how much it was. He said three fifty so she wrung up $3.50.
Being a gentleman he corrected her, which drew a few guffaws from the line behind him and a sort of a mewed yelp from the check out girl...

Just a little pick up from the interweb. I've had the Legendario (went through two bottles already-Great liquor). But have never had the Seleccion. Anybody guide me on the taste?IMG_0397.thumb.JPG.b40e264f375e26135cbb4f8c281d583a.JPG

For me the Legendario is too sweet but my wife likes it with ice or in coffee. I like the Seleccion de Maestros as a sipping rum; no ice or mix. It’s basically the same as what used to be HC Barrel Proof.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing ultra rare or special but after so many years of drinking the standard Makers Mark, I finally decided to try the cask strength 793870218d90b782198715dd8adb74c5.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/21/2019 at 10:14 AM, HarveyBoulevard said:

Nothing fancy. Just needed some sipping rum.  One I love, one I've never tried. 

20190721_071015.jpg

Zaya is top notch stuff.  Never heard of the Porteno.

2 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Zaya is top notch stuff.  Never heard of the Porteno.

The Porteno is nothing to write home about.  It is decent but for $30 there are a plethora of other options I would indulge in.  However, I do like buying something I have never tasted to mix it up.

1 hour ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

The Porteno is nothing to write home about.  It is decent but for $30 there are a plethora of other options I would indulge in.  However, I do like buying something I have never tasted to mix it up.

Tough act to follow on Zaya considering the price, or even regardless of the price.