So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

• 2 weeks later...
Just rolled into the house from my Kentucky trip. 
20190908_152732.thumb.jpg.9ef3875a807c127019d860b33761f3a9.jpg
What's the info on the willett and the 4 Rose's? Great haul!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, prodigy said:

What's the info on the willett and the 4 Rose's? Great haul!

Willett 4 year Rye 110.8 proof. Had the option to buy a 6.5 year Willett bourbon but just couldn't justify the price. 

Four Roses OESV 9 years 9 months private barrel selection 114 proof. 

• Like 1

Willett 4 year Rye 110.8 proof. Had the option to buy a 6.5 year Willett bourbon but just couldn't justify the price. 
Four Roses OESV 9 years 9 months private barrel selection 114 proof. 
Awesome. Was the 4 Rose's from the distillery? Where was the willett bourbon? I've been looking for a long time, it's very good.

Both the Four Roses and the Russell's single barrel bottles were from private barrel picks selected by liquor stores down there. These types of bottles are my favorite right now because they are one offs and the stores usually have taster bottles so you can get a sample taste before pulling the trigger on a bottle to make sure you like it. I've had very good luck with private barrel picks from good liquor stores. Both of these bottles are excellent.

The Willett was offered to me by a really good friend down there that had two bottles. Offered the second one to me at the retail price he paid. As you know, the 12 year was outstanding. It was my favorite bourbon I've ever tasted. It was very hard for me to turn down the 6.5 year but I just couldn't bring myself to pay double for the 6.5 what I paid for the 12 year just a few years ago. 

• Like 1

Both the Four Roses and the Russell's single barrel bottles were from private barrel picks selected by liquor stores down there. These types of bottles are my favorite right now because they are one offs and the stores usually have taster bottles so you can get a sample taste before pulling the trigger on a bottle to make sure you like it. I've had very good luck with private barrel picks from good liquor stores. Both of these bottles are excellent.
The Willett was offered to me by a really good friend down there that had two bottles. Offered the second one to me at the retail price he paid. As you know, the 12 year was outstanding. It was my favorite bourbon I've ever tasted. It was very hard for me to turn down the 6.5 year but I just couldn't bring myself to pay double for the 6.5 what I paid for the 12 year just a few years ago. 
I agree that the store picks are sometimes real gems. My brother lives in Lexington, so if I hear good things I tell him to keep an eye out for me. I will be there over Thanksgiving because that's when liquor barn does their lottery. Thanks for the info!

9 hours ago, prodigy said:

I found this cool liquor cabinet over the weekend. For $300, I couldn't say no... its huge, and heavy. My brother and I could barely get it moved inside. 87bf386f4455c34ae593d37526bda837.jpgc2756a021dc2fd855c4429951ef74aa5.jpg

Gorgeous! Now fill er' up!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, prodigy said:

I dont think it'll hold all my bottles...

Ouch :rotfl:

I found this cool liquor cabinet over the weekend. For $300, I couldn't say no... its huge, and heavy. My brother and I could barely get it moved inside. 87bf386f4455c34ae593d37526bda837.jpgc2756a021dc2fd855c4429951ef74aa5.jpg

Why is your neighbour taking pictures of you through the hole in the back?

Sent from 47171 Lempo 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

don't have pictures because i don't have the bottles yet but i think i have a bottle of the Chichibu Ichiro's Malt Double Distilleries and a bottle of the Chichibu Ichiro's The Peated 10th Anniversary.

far as i can tell, only two bottles of the Double made our shores (a mate got the other) and only one bottle of the Peated. so i am hoping they are locked in. they really are not cheap but i checked offshore prices and for reasons i do not understand, the prices here are bargains in comparison. love this stuff. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just picked these up today.  Excited to get the Elmer T Lee 100!  Benefits of being friends with your friendly neighborhood retailer.
2099830276_etl100.thumb.jpg.0c76e07d5c63daf47aea082adf76f7d6.jpg

Great score on the Elmer T!! I have the standard one unopened waiting patiently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1