So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Both of these r great buys if u enjoy the haze. Have been looking for this LIC for some time. Finally made it to the Midwest. and the phase 3 is so new only very few know so far ??
cheers 

B7FEFBE3-2B67-43F0-9F1B-4DC1C3BD0BD6.thumb.jpeg.91d94e90f615dd1fe5389a2489861004.jpeg

• Like 2

On 10/11/2019 at 7:34 PM, lovethehaze said:

Both of these r great buys if u enjoy the haze. Have been looking for this LIC for some time. Finally made it to the Midwest. and the phase 3 is so new only very few know so far ??
cheers 

B7FEFBE3-2B67-43F0-9F1B-4DC1C3BD0BD6.thumb.jpeg.91d94e90f615dd1fe5389a2489861004.jpeg

Every time I think about “the haze” I conjure up memories of a fraternity brother’s dorm room in Ohio. I realize you are talking about hazy IPAs but I can’t get the purple haze out of my head. ?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, havanaclub said:

Parents just got back from Nashville and got me this bourbon. 23432d231c78849e561976a3538e007a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! I just finished a bottle.......I have another one left. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cayman17 said:

I have not seen a bottle of age statement Japanese whisky in a local shop for years. Today they had this (about five bottles) on the shelf so I bit.  

1D9A0747-46ED-406B-B45E-8B1A312417A1.jpeg

Good whisky... Hope you didn't have to pay current prices ($100+ in my neck of the woods)...

Good whisky... Hope you didn't have to pay current prices ($100+ in my neck of the woods)...
They are like 76 where I'm at but they've slowly disappeared. Last year I saw some closeout priced at a va abc. Came back a week the next day to grab one and the lady told me someone came in and bought all 12 earlier that day. Like 37/each.... it's good, but it's not that good.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

On 10/26/2019 at 3:17 PM, prodigy said:

Not so much a recent purchase, but I finally moved everything downstairs into my new cabinet. Only took a few months for me to build up the motivation to knock it out. Still have room to add some more haha.

I realized after I started that none of the shelves were positioned to hold bottles as tall as the eh taylor, high west, eagle rare etc, so for now they stay on the bottom. It doesn't look like I can easily adjust any of the shelves without taking clearance away from other bottles, so until I decide to start from scratch and organize it all over again it'll have to wait.

b8465766efd869695df834311d1ea930.jpg4c948c38cfe05c015ee776ac03320a41.jpg7e51803d01379112d9442b47e7ec966d.jpg

Very nice collection, been waiting on these pics since you brought that cabinet home. 

Very nice collection, been waiting on these pics since you brought that cabinet home. 

Tapatalk is really starting to annoy me. I can only load one image at a time, and now it makes you use lower quality images. I'm not upgrading to pro, so I guess I'll start using the browser... end rant.

I sold most of my lottery wins from last year. Hopefully I can get a few more this year and be able to keep them. It's hard to justify keeping certain bottles that are worth 4-10x their cost.

• Like 1

New to me

7654696b59fd19dfe2d0cbaa8ddf435f.jpg

I have a few bottles. It's like their regular rye, but 10x better.

• Like 2

How does it compare to Cask Strenght?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It has a deeper flavor to me. I havent had cask strength in a while. Might have to have a rye weekend. I love rye, and have most of the good ones. Cask strength KC is one of my favorites.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, prodigy said:

I have a few bottles. It's like their regular rye, but 10x better.

Never had either, but this excites me. Plus the price was an unbelievable below $19 preorder