So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

This will be enjoyed father's day
20200301_201624.thumb.jpg.3152753a5878917a06872d3d91f2f1c1.jpg
The 2018 is nectar from the gods.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

fdd42e340dacc119f772c08d4c268637.jpg

1792 bottled in bond

Overpaid a little, but not too bad. It was the last one on the shelf, so worth the chance to try something new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

On 3/7/2020 at 3:44 PM, irratebass said:

56333aea30e74068d417dd8115f8c1a6.jpg

Been super interested to try this.  (As a Tennessean) I came up on $9 bottles of Dickel black label, an unpretentious (if somewhat unrefined) offering that always trumped Jack Daniels ten fold IMHO.  I've recently found their higher-end bottles (barrel select) to be incredibly complex and delicious.  I've heard this is a step up (even though it carries a slightly smaller price tag).

• Like 1

Been super interested to try this.  (As a Tennessean) I came up on $9 bottles of Dickel black label, an unpretentious (if somewhat unrefined) offering that always trumped Jack Daniels ten fold IMHO.  I've recently found their higher-end bottles (barrel select) to be incredibly complex and delicious.  I've heard this is a step up (even though it carries a slightly smaller price tag).
My dad snagged me a bottle and I'll have it in a couple weeks. Its won a few awards already, so it will probably be like McKenna 10 year now, impossible to get. Some people say it, and all dickel for that matter, tastes like flintstones multivitamins lol. I've not tried any dickel before, but I hope it doesn't taste like that!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, prodigy said:

My dad snagged me a bottle and I'll have it in a couple weeks. Its won a few awards already, so it will probably be like McKenna 10 year now, impossible to get. Some people say it, and all dickel for that matter, tastes like flintstones multivitamins lol. I've not tried any dickel before, but I hope it doesn't taste like that!

The red, black, and white label dickel is all a bit overly sweet.  The barrel select, on the other hand, is a lot dryer and spicier (I tasted a lot of baking spices, cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.)... a completely different creature in my mind.  I'd hope the 'bottled in bond' is more along the lines of the barrel select series, but who knows

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

for this evening. all work of course, and thankfully i don't have to pay. 

885445940_IMG_5041(002).jpg.b0660ea793cc3823688bfed2cbe67d77.jpg

You sonuva@#$#@$....!!!!!

That is going to be one enjoyable evening. Love the Mt Edelstone and Cyril.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

You sonuva@#$#@$....!!!!!

That is going to be one enjoyable evening. Love the Mt Edelstone and Cyril.

fuzz, is isolation making you grumpy and curmudgeonly?

tappa pass and of course, hill of grace are also pretty special. the only problem with doing this is that i can't stretch it over 10 days a. love to be doing one a day, and then have the rest of the bottle, post work, for the evening, instead of having to do it over two days.  but my lord, they are looking good!!

4 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

fuzz, is isolation making you grumpy and curmudgeonly?

tappa pass and of course, hill of grace are also pretty special. the only problem with doing this is that i can't stretch it over 10 days a. love to be doing one a day, and then have the rest of the bottle, post work, for the evening, instead of having to do it over two days.  but my lord, they are looking good!!

Grumpy and highly jealous!

Henschke wines are definitely cellar favourites that I always keep on hand. Might crack open a bottle tonight. Need to relax after spending 6hrs cleaning up the back patio. Might have a cider or two beforehand.

• Like 1

Just now, Fuzz said:

Grumpy and highly jealous!

Henschke wines are definitely cellar favourites that I always keep on hand. Might crack open a bottle tonight. Need to relax after spending 6hrs cleaning up the back patio. Might have a cider or two beforehand.

yes, load up on the ciders before cracking a henschke. makes perfect sense????

now if you'll excuse me, i'm on the Pinot. glorious. all work, of course. 

6 hours ago, yadegari6 said:

Package came just in time for the weekend 

BFB68733-0CFB-4422-8F82-CEF8D8932D5F.jpeg

Been hearing good things about pinhook, on the hunt for the high proof purple top one myself. Hopefully that one you got is as good as I hear about the others.

18 hours ago, Astar20 said:

Been hearing good things about pinhook, on the hunt for the high proof purple top one myself. Hopefully that one you got is as good as I hear about the others.

That’s my first bottle of pinhook, I’ve also heard really good things about them. The high proof is the first batch they’ve distilled at the old Taylor distillery, let me know how it is if you try it! 

• Like 2