So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

27 minutes ago, JohnS said:

794905028_2020-05-1916_50_26.jpg.4d6d5d997764673072210557bbbef475.jpg

Ratu 8 Year Old Signature Blend Premium Rum Liqueur. Thanks for the recommendation @El Presidente!

762333504_2020-05-1916_51_10.jpg.c615ebc084974a73081a48ee527ba839.jpg

Plantation Stiggins Fancy Pineapple Original Dark Rum. Thanks for the recommendation @Jeanff!

john, are you serious that whipcrack recommended that rum to you? how did you offend him?

not that i have a problem at all with it - reasonably sweeter style and a bit coconutty, but poor steve had to edit out his comments from when i served it to him for a video. most of it ended up in the potplant (extremely unfair, i thought) and he announced that it was the sort of rum he'd take to a 16 year old girl's party. and then realised the utter inappropriateness of that suggestion. 

i have several bottles of their various rums so i will be interested to see what you think. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dear wine writing genius.

It is a liqueur....and seen/treated in that light, i enjoy it.

Steve...all is forgiven. Enjoy it immensely these days.

It may not be chateau pomposity delivered gratis in the faint hope of a few positive adjectives from a tired scribe in the twilight of his career ......however with a cigar, it delivers :cigar:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

john, are you serious that whipcrack recommended that rum to you? how did you offend him?

not that i have a problem at all with it - reasonably sweeter style and a bit coconutty, but poor steve had to edit out his comments from when i served it to him for a video. most of it ended up in the potplant (extremely unfair, i thought) and he announced that it was the sort of rum he'd take to a 16 year old girl's party. and then realised the utter inappropriateness of that suggestion. 

i have several bottles of their various rums so i will be interested to see what you think. 

44 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

It may not be chateau pomposity delivered gratis in the faint hope of a few positive adjectives from a tired scribe in the twilight of his career ......however with a cigar, it delivers :cigar:

Well, I had mentioned that I had enjoyed Bacardi Carta Fuego immensely to El Pres on ZOOM last week and he suggested I try the Ratu 8 year old, I guess since the Bacardi is hard to find nowadays ever since Dan Murphy's, the large Australian liquor supermarket chain owned by Woolworths, no longer stock it. (How I wish I stocked up a few bottles!)

I will let you both know how I find it. ?

Bacardi_Carta_Fuego__14840.1433328516.jpg.3ebb5eee6963a16230fd8e7850120572.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

you tipped it into the potplant!

i see i have still not been forgiven for disparaging your vegan paella. 

2 hours ago, Stogiepuffer said:
Good stuff...
551b3b0f095015ef5335a25abe1046f3.jpg

I have never seen or heard of them until a few months ago. A guy I met went to the distillery and had I think a 12, 15, and 21? Maybe a NAS, 15 and 21. I tried the first 2 and fell in love. He was saving the 21 year for his daughters wedding. Is it sold in the states?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have never seen or heard of them until a few months ago. A guy I met went to the distillery and had I think a 12, 15, and 21? Maybe a NAS, 15 and 21. I tried the first 2 and fell in love. He was saving the 21 year for his daughters wedding. Is it sold in the states?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The have a 10, 12, 15, 18, 21, 25, 30 and cask strength. The cask strength, 21 and 25 are outstanding. I believe that total wine stocks glengoyne. Glendronach, glengoyne and Macallan are my 3 go to distilleries for sherries deliciousness

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

The have a 10, 12, 15, 18, 21, 25, 30 and cask strength. The cask strength, 21 and 25 are outstanding. I believe that total wine stocks glengoyne. Glendronach, glengoyne and Macallan are my 3 go to distilleries for sherries deliciousness

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea, and you may find online too.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk