So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Today's pick up. 8 yr bottle, hard to pass up. Age statements are harder to come by these dsys.
20200626_181312.jpg.cbbdb5cdc4b21837fe5328baf63d677b.jpg
20200626_181320.jpg.85dea2190ace5225b226cecabf5ad4b4.jpg

It’s funny you are chasing age and I am chasing freshness and youth. Cheers and enjoy !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

On 6/19/2020 at 10:54 PM, Ken Gargett said:

i will put an email in and let you know if/what i hear. 

Ken I look at the Opus One site, and 2016 is their latest release. Thanks for inquiring. 

Now to hide it from my wife! 

45 minutes ago, Astar20 said:

Wish I could get new riff in California 

Got the New Riff on vacation. Can't get it in Texas.

21 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:
7 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Got the New Riff on vacation. Can't get it in Texas.

Hear it's pretty good has alot of potential if they can start cranking out aged stuff instead of their young stuff

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Astar20 said:

Hear it's pretty good has alot of potential if they can start cranking out aged stuff instead of their young stuff

Even with only 4-5 years on it, it is really solid. If they can crank out some 7+, it will be really htf and tasty I would imagine. 

1 hour ago, BoliDan said:

Starting a rum collection..any suggestions appreciated. Prefer no added sugars or spices.

20200705_202152.jpg.65c3ce9a8ffd3258716a2ce4e8157ccd.jpg

BD, not familiar with smith and cross but am a fan of flor de cana. love the 18 (and younger versions) but especially the 25. and the 30 though incredibly rare and you need to pay silly money. 

i reckon, if avoiding additions, foursquare is one you must try. 

there are heaps of rum threads. you'll find lots to enjoy among them. in the end, it will be largely down to what you can find in your region, at least for starters. 

also worth posting those you enjoy. it will help others to make suggestions for similar rums. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

BD, not familiar with smith and cross but am a fan of flor de cana. love the 18 (and younger versions) but especially the 25. and the 30 though incredibly rare and you need to pay silly money. 

i reckon, if avoiding additions, foursquare is one you must try. 

there are heaps of rum threads. you'll find lots to enjoy among them. in the end, it will be largely down to what you can find in your region, at least for starters. 

also worth posting those you enjoy. it will help others to make suggestions for similar rums. 

Thanks Ken ill grab some Foursquare and check out the threads. Drinking the Smith and Cross now. Wonderful stuff. As a peated scotch man, this has a very strong funk that most would stray from. Over ripe bananas, leather, then moves to dark fruits. It is an overproof, but still does fine on the rocks as a sipper. Look for it, it is a good price. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BoliDan said:

Thanks Ken ill grab some Foursquare and check out the threads. Drinking the Smith and Cross now. Wonderful stuff. As a peated scotch man, this has a very strong funk that most would stray from. Over ripe bananas, leather, then moves to dark fruits. It is an overproof, but still does fine on the rocks as a sipper. Look for it, it is a good price. 

thanks. will do.

i am, like you, not a fan of the spiced rums but there is one, Stolen Smoked Rum (a kiwi mob using Fijian rum). not exactly peaty but it has a real smokiness to it that i like. but it is a real love it or hate it style. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 11:21 AM, Astar20 said:

BT kosher wheat recipe 

15939624350443156296025809526072.jpg

Baruch Hashem to that.  The Orthodox put a whipping on whiskies.  They'll drink that instead of wine at dinner.

• Like 1