So, what are your recent acquisitions?


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Islandboy said:

Wait....there’s a bourbon hunting season?

On 8/1/2020 at 8:07 PM, Baccy said:

 

There actually is, later in the year is when things usually hit shelfs, alloctions, BTAC, pappy etc

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

23 minutes ago, Meklown said:

Just picked this up, got it at auction for what I thought was cheap .. anybody tried it before / have any thoughts?

Sv1fxxjYKZ-ldrY6bIcVTqJeNKWeHyRkJ0t3fDTb-c8iS7kXB3cXp4LtX5W4vYo1hPadoD21ciwOXolmROTCM4R4Te2Rvl_AOdG_DqUoeVn7tyQyjxs1Ovics86q4EBNkSgaP25Kd8f0tyAL-b3zUaj1bZPEzgULB6TpWxC-YpgPn0Mv62GVB5vl9JiIhZT0fosbTjVSl8uwX8Y97mxjRamet2_E38qXswXThZHMhJMPDAe-FeUOOh6GNeBd0tAzcO52G7M1ruPgzEvPJDLQEgrxUOfc92Oe0_J_vHQElVe3qFwR_M56Afc_LvuhNVSbASRRHgYNxFDGkmcWHTViMSx1XtzcXmIo3wJEkUXn2Ys4henIoBBctwm42mlrOaDvJD-ZqW8KwvdqM94VEjk1VE722fQOkBrX9m21o-ydns1XEZCQFIEUXmncz71GKaOEu6iD8O3laJFBbJMxwsF-nMtnao5wHkg4KLaThcNtEN6TFtDoalhj8lNsrsDq-CaDHJCL_L82F26BXHY_i7SOI7pcg-E_nD_KHvnDH5ScA8bxEtSi0J7uXQlpKoYqmrPQOZILxmgWYvP-pQ-xEFHkFvZ7bGSH2Kh9K39X_RhLKJMbcOlwJ8Jq4nCTbbOqJyt_EKz0OUs0q-0bsLKx69F9q3aHL-H5w023laVPW8vEcqNN6DXKBPS5xX03UvPMDyE=w1258-h943-no?authuser=0

they are a fantastic maker of Sauternes but 02 is not a particularly good vintage for that region. that might be why you got it cheaper. 

in half bottles, i'd honestly be drinking it now. no rush. try a couple and see what you think.

i think you'll find you have something really worthwhile. love Rieussec. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

they are a fantastic maker of Sauternes but 02 is not a particularly good vintage for that region. that might be why you got it cheaper. 

in half bottles, i'd honestly be drinking it now. no rush. try a couple and see what you think.

i think you'll find you have something really worthwhile. love Rieussec. 

I don't collect wine myself for aging (yet .. this is a rabbit hole I am keen to avoid but is looking less and less likely) so probably will be drinking these. Figured that with the weak vintage, these are probably ripe for drinking at younger ages as compared to the stronger ones. 

Likely will open one tonight as well. Half bottles will also be a comfortable volume to finish by myself over a cigar. A full bottle is usually a stretch for me! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Meklown said:

Likely will open one tonight as well.

Did indeed have a bottle to try yesterday and it was pretty good. It has had enough time in the bottle to develop that syrupy gloopy texture, with the sweetness present. There were notes of peaches, apricots, and a herbal bitterness as well. Indeed, pretty satisfactory for under US$20 a half-bottle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoliDan said:

Found some. So this is clearly supposed to be a tariff avoidance single malt. Haven't seen a Port Ellen area scotch at 48% for under $35 in long time. I actually like it. A middle ground of laphroaig and ardbeg. Very easy drinking for a 5 year.

20200812_213048.jpg.d688aa75a5b25e41072ce5802b061e1b.jpg

been keen to have a look at this one. not yet arrived so far, i believe. at least not around here. it will be A$90 at the cheapest i can find when it does. very envious of your pricing. 

but i am a smidge confused. you are not suggesting that this is incorporating material from the old port ellen distillery? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

been keen to have a look at this one. not yet arrived so far, i believe. at least not around here. it will be A$90 at the cheapest i can find when it does. very envious of your pricing. 

but i am a smidge confused. you are not suggesting that this is incorporating material from the old port ellen distillery? 

No, just port Ellen region (the actual port) The three distilleies within 9 miles of it Ardbeg, Lagavulin and Laphroaig.

But I'm interested in the revitalization of that distillery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Baccy said:

I can't wait to try the Rock Hill Farms, and of course the Antique 107 is a staple...77ab9e322b54cb91a8bc4aa091989db3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 

Rock Hill Farms is a great bourbon, exceptionally well balanced mash bill. It’s a shame that it has become so hard to get these days, it used to be a staple for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rock Hill Farms is a great bourbon, exceptionally well balanced mash bill. It’s a shame that it has become so hard to get these days, it used to be a staple for me.
I only recently heard of it, and I thought I knew just about everything there was to know about bourbon... It's supposed to be the same mash bill as Blantons Gold, so I'm sure to enjoy it. I actually found it at an online shop that I frequent, that has some htf spirits in stock at decent prices. It was the lowest price I could find anywhere online.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2020 at 6:03 PM, Baccy said:

I only recently heard of it, and I thought I knew just about everything there was to know about bourbon... It's supposed to be the same mash bill as Blantons Gold, so I'm sure to enjoy it. I actually found it at an online shop that I frequent, that has some htf spirits in stock at decent prices. It was the lowest price I could find anywhere online.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 

ETL, RHF, blanton's and Hancock's reserve are all the same mash bill, they use Buffalo trace high rye mash bill #2 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stogiepuffer said:

Good selection, how is the 15? Been on the lookout for that one..

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
 

You talkin’ to me?? ? It just arrived and I have yet to crack the bottle. So, this jury is still out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member


Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.