So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Found this today...

20130111_201812.jpg

Most excellent!! please give us your impressions of this when you get a chance

I love some of those murray mcdavid bottlings - all discontinued now unfortunately as far as i know :( But always feels like christmas when I fund a dusty one on a bottle shop shelf down here in oz!

The 1994 runs $114 CDN - which is the top end of my scotch budget. Yes there are others that run in the $200s

There's a 10Y peated expression that is affordable - anyone had a chance to try?

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1019378

I thought this was the case in VIC as well but about a year ago they started selling booze in supermarkets (Coles).

Also the Docklands Costco did have their alcohol fenced off, but it is now open...

I think this is still the case in VIC, the booze section is usually an add on to the supermarket: Liquorland for Coles, BWS (gradually replacing Woolworth Liquor) for Woolworth and IGA Liquor for IGA etc. Even Costco has a segregated alcohol section that is open but has a security guard stationed at that area to prevent access by unaccompanied underaged and minors.

Oh really. The coles closest to me has their booze section in between the breads and fresh food without any addition security guards hehe.

I also know of two other coles which are similar.

It's handy because their open much later than a liquorland.

I do remember a security guard at costco a while back, but haven't seen anyone staffed in the liquore section in the last 6 months or so.

Look what just walked in the door from Duty Free!

Not a tequila drinker (yet) but after the FOH weekend ahead who knows??

I've really tried hard to enjoy Tequila as a sipping drink but finally realized I just can't stand it other than as a shot. Yes, I've tried expensive Tequila as well. Just isn't my thing.

Better luck to you, Lisa :)

Very nice. Please let us know about the pc10.

Will do! It's their first regular release and priced fairly compared to the previous releases. Funny, the guy at KL Wines that sold it to me still had peat breath from just tasting it with his colleagues. They all liked it and compared it with an Ardbeg 10 that had gone to finishing school :)

• 3 weeks later...

Had a bottle of Havana Club Selección de Maestros delivered today as a late 21st birthday present. Looking forward to seeing how it compares to it's cheaper siblings given the premium price! Also got a free havana club glass which is nice.

20130314_185448.jpg

WTF? Did you pick that up from Costco? That's the only place I have ever seen anything 'Kirkland' but only LCBOs can sell liquor ... what am I missing here?