So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

I tried this at Feis Ile this year. A cracking good dram, glad to have won a chance to pick some up!

Too bad they are 35 cl bottles - would be nicer to be full size bottles, but I guess this way more folks can try it!

attachicon.gifLaffy.jpg

I bought one as well. Thought the price was reasonable but didn't notice that these are 35cl bottles... ah well, it's still going to taste good! party.gif

Sold my kegerator and made a Costco trip to pickup some new things to try. I got:

• Ardbeg 10 year
  • Aberlour 12 year
  • Glenfiddich 12 year
  • Basil Hayden Bourbon
  • Ron Zacapa 23 year Solera
  • 3 x Fonseca Bin 27 Ruby Port

Also going to have a buddy proxy some Noah's Mill Bourbon for me as I can't source it locally.

• Like 3

Nabbed a bottle of W.L. Weller 12 year old for $26. Luckiest of finds considering it's essentially the same as Pappy Van Winkle 12 (so I've heard). Sadly, I'll be probably saving it until I can find another bottle since it goes for $150+ on the secondary market. Eh, if I find the right occasion, I'll probably be opening it lol.

• Like 1

Some recent clearance shelf acquisitions.

For $50 each, these were a no-brainer

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1439056036.518305.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1439056084.654353.jpg

And a friend set up a GB at cost, so another no-brainer

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1439056132.384114.jpg

One more trip to the clearance shelf and yep...

No-brainer at $55

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1439056187.121250.jpg

A good friend helped me out in the knick of time on this bottle as I was just about to pour the last drop of one of my old faves.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1439056234.580294.jpg

I like scotch!!

I agree, the Sullivan's Cove Double Cask at that price is a no-brainer, and Macallan 18...well, I don't need to add anything really about why one would want to pick this up for their collection! ok.gif

I agree, the Sullivan's Cove Double Cask at that price is a no-brainer, and Macallan 18...well, I don't need to add anything really about why one would want to pick this up for their collection! ok.gif

I have yet to try the double cask, but I quite liked the sherry cask and cask strength Sullies, so that inspired this decision.
  • Like 1

A few bottles of the Highland Park 1990, this line originally released as a duty free exclusive in 2010. Eventually, some stock of these became available for retail.

A local retail chain was having a clearance of the last remaining 3 bottles in-house at way below duty free pricing.

619033eae27eb1a249db7293bbe4a229.jpg

A 20 year old vintage malt that is becoming scarce and a decent drop in its own right.

Awesome find, and clearance pricing makes it even better!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nabbed a bottle of W.L. Weller 12 year old for $26. Luckiest of finds considering it's essentially the same as Pappy Van Winkle 12 (so I've heard). Sadly, I'll be probably saving it until I can find another bottle since it goes for $150+ on the secondary market. Eh, if I find the right occasion, I'll probably be opening it lol.

Good find. Not $150 in the US, but very scarce these days. Drink it and enjoy it, even Van Winkle Lot B isn't that great, usually.

Lot B is cherry-picked barrels and watered down to 90 proof. W.L. Weller is the barrel proof version. Weller 12 is the best of the rest.

That said, far better than Weller Antique 107 or Special Reserve.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2