So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

K&L trip. Went to the Redwood City store. Haven't been there for a long time. Much nicer than the SF store.

2x Bowmore 12 @ 59.1%, EH Taylor Small Batch, and a few bottles of Eagle Rare 10 Single Barrel #177.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He he - I am about to swing by to pick up my bottle of the Eagle Rare smile.png I missed out on the Weller Special Reserve KL Cask that they had yesterday for about 5 minutes before it sold out wink.png

The SF store is supposed to be huge once they move into the new space.

• Like 1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Was hoping to score one of those Bowmore bottles, but you two (and probably plenty of other people) snatched em up before I could get em. Snooze & lose I guess.

My first and only order of them. I'm sure Claus has like 30+ bottles of them lol3.gif . I bought them when they were down to 10 bottles. I mean the regular Bowmore 12 is around $45. Finally realized it's a no-brainer purchase. If you're a bourbon guy, I'd recommend getting the Eagle Rare. It's the same price as the current non-single barrel ER10. If you can't make it to the Redwood City store (only store where it's in stock), you can always place an order for Will Call at the SF store.

That and the re-release of Laphroaig 15 is spectacularly mediocre. The pre-royal warrant stuff is exceptionally good.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Speak for yourself. I loved the nuanced delivery of the new Laphroaig 15. Why go for heavy peat when the 10yr, QC and Cask Strength do it already?

It's the 18yr they have to do something about. weak delivery, the ultimate "meh" Islay whisky.

That's a helluva scotch haul for 300 bucks!

Tell me about it. It was from a private seller and that was his ASKING price lol. Only wish he had more to sell...mentioned he sold a few bottles of Balvenie 21 last week...smh. Probably wasn't asking more than $100 a bottle.

Anybody try the Glenlivet Guardians Chapter/Exotic? Worth a shot at $65 or complete rubbish? Have to say I'm intrigued by the higher ABV and potential "sherryness" of it.

I haven't seen it yet here, but in that range, I'll grab one and let you know

Anybody try the Glenlivet Guardians Chapter/Exotic? Worth a shot at $65 or complete rubbish? Have to say I'm intrigued by the higher ABV and potential "sherryness" of it.

Nicely sherried and very fragrant. Mildly feinty probably from some young material used in the vatting.