So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

Anybody try the Glenlivet Guardians Chapter/Exotic? Worth a shot at $65 or complete rubbish? Have to say I'm intrigued by the higher ABV and potential "sherryness" of it.

The duty free version that was something like "distillers reserve" was very nice for $70. I heard that this one is similar.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Only wish it were cask strength. 43% seems weak for a 25 yo whisky. Oh well, sure this will still be very good..

8bf750950e698a5d7b8893e9aa8532db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The older releases are cask strength. Recently Diageo has released a lot of their limited bottlings at 43% unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah scarce everywhere! Sourced these from the UK, and just to show how exxy it is in aust, i was able to get them both taxes and all for less then what you can find them for here.

I am right scared to order any bottles from abroad here. Worried they'll want ownership of my son in lieu of taxes & duties.

I am right scared to order any bottles from abroad here. Worried they'll want ownership of my son in lieu of taxes & duties.

I cant imagine a country with a higher taxation on booze and tobacco then aust! And dont even think of importing wine! We have a tax called WET and it absolutely kills you!

2 more mac18's to the collection, only 38 more to get the whole set hahah

You must have an impressive collection sas. The bits and pieces you have posted here have been great.

How does that Ardbeg compare with the others in its line? I really like the Uigeadail but the Perpetuum got crummy reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's supposedly peatier. I haven't had any though.

Not sure why the Perpetuum's got crummy reviews - I think it is decent from the samples I had.