So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Lucky to have gotten the supernova SN2015- i missed out because i was traveling in Italy the day it was released and it was sold out by the time i tried to buy online :(

I guess i could get it via online auctions, if i wanted to pay 2-3x prices

Kl wines had it available for a decent time for $180/ea. No thanks.

Got this instead

post-7384-144238461459.jpg

• Like 1

Lucky to have gotten the supernova SN2015- i missed out because i was traveling in Italy the day it was released and it was sold out by the time i tried to buy online :(

I guess i could get it via online auctions, if i wanted to pay 2-3x prices

LCBO has 3 bottles. Stupid pricing at $336.

How does that Ardbeg compare with the others in its line? I really like the Uigeadail but the Perpetuum got crummy reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The two you mentioned are nearly at the opposite ends of the peat spectrum. Perpetuum tastes like mainly bourbon casked Ardbeg and lightly peated. Uigeadail is heavily sherried and very peaty.

I have not tried the 15 as it is not out here, but earlier expressions are closer to Uigeadail in the Ardbeg spectrum.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No pics, but picked up a Talisker 57 North at duty free. I know some of you have had it- good, bad, mediocre?

I passed up Zacapa XO at CAD$53, probably dumb, because that's like $40!

I had to get some Havana Club, the 3 year anejo light rum makes great mojitos.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am searching for the Kilkerran WIP 7 Bourbon Wood but have so far been unsuccessful - lucky you.

Can I please ask what they sell them for?

$74.99 here - still available.

What do you do when you walk into the store and they got 8 Yamazaki 12 on shelf?

Take them all!!

They're not easy to come by around these parts

Nice looking pick up. I've yet to venture into the Japanese territory. Soon, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My god. That puts mine to shame! i would love some yamazaki 18 finds, i got 3 on hand, but they werent easy, in the past few months theyve become near impossible to find.

It's gone from an everyday drinker to prized possession for me. They're n ot only hard to find in Aust, but damn expensive to boot.

It's gone from an everyday drinker to prized possession for me. They're n ot only hard to find in Aust, but damn expensive to boot.

same here, i was finding them pretty regularly up until 6 months ago now, the price is up and the supply is way way way done, i havent seen a bottle in months on the shelf in multiple stores

My Lark HOF bottle arrived and then ran across a couple 200ml bottles so just picked them up.

attachicon.giflark HOF.jpg

SAS you will have to give me a review on how the HOF went always liked the Lark whiskey ok.gif

Nice grab with the 105! What does the 57 north set you back in California?

Ordered them online. They were around $65 each. The 105 was $40 each and the Knockando 21 was around $63. I couldn't believe the Knockando was so cheap.

• Like 1

Auchentoshan Three Wood

Balvenie Caribbean Cask 14 Years

My most recent purchase and also my first purchase. Made the decision to dive into the world of Scotch and Whiskey today so if anyone wants to send me any bottles they don't want, the more I can try the better! Hahahahhaha

-Patrick

• Like 1