So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

Haha. Gotta love duty-free pricing! I know, the pricing is ridiculous. I've been draining my funds on so much scotch recently. Kinda unfair as I can't resist a good deal. I'd probably be spending $18 on a 2oz pour of the Dalwhinnie 15 where I live.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Haha. Gotta love duty-free pricing! I know, the pricing is ridiculous. I've been draining my funds on so much scotch recently. Kinda unfair as I can't resist a good deal. I'd probably be spending $18 on a 2oz pour of the Dalwhinnie 15 where I live.

Nonsense. It's $93.

Any thoughts on the glendronach cask strength batch 4? Finally available here, but pricey.

Supposed to be a great release, consistent with the others. If it were released by an IB, it would be even more expensive.

Supposed to be a great release, consistent with the others. If it were released by an IB, it would be even more expensive.

Why do you think it would be even more expensive if released through an IB? Have not had the others. Typical Glendronach? Similar to A'bunadh and the farclas 105?

Why do you think it would be even more expensive if released through an IB? Have not had the others. Typical Glendronach? Similar to A'bunadh and the farclas 105?

Most IB's who bottle a cask strength Glendronach generally charge quite a bit more then the distillery bottlings. (Not taking into account the single cask yearly releases, named 'Batch xxx'

I haven't tried batch 4.

I really like A'bunadh, and 105, however I believe this will be unique and stand on it's own - the Dronach will typically be 'darker' with a heavier cask influence. I'd definitely buy it if I don't already have a want list a mile long.

I never knew that Talisker 57 North was available outside of duty-free, I've never seen it at a local store.

Shlomo- you ever come to Philadelphia, we'll pour you some great stuff.

I'm posting from my phone, no photos here:

Glendronach 17 yr PX aged single cask

Lagavulin 12 (can't resist for $90!)

Parker's Heritage 9, malt whiskey

Old Forester Birthday Bourbon '15

Pikesville Rye barrel proof (basically cask strength Rittenhouse rye)

The Glendronach cask strength is great. It's a big sherry bomb and rather hot. More like Abunadh than Glenfarclas 105. Definitely worth it- I have not tried batch 4, but 2 and 3 were great.

If you want to try something different, SAQ has Michel Couvreur Pale Single Single. Excellent scotch, underrated and unknown.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I never knew that Talisker 57 North was available outside of duty-free, I've never seen it at a local store.

Shlomo- you ever come to Philadelphia, we'll pour you some great stuff.

I'm posting from my phone, no photos here:

Glendronach 17 yr PX aged single cask

Lagavulin 12 (can't resist for $90!)

Parker's Heritage 9, malt whiskey

Old Forester Birthday Bourbon '15

Pikesville Rye barrel proof (basically cask strength Rittenhouse rye)

The Glendronach cask strength is great. It's a big sherry bomb and rather hot. More like Abunadh than Glenfarclas 105. Definitely worth it- I have not tried batch 4, but 2 and 3 were great.

If you want to try something different, SAQ has Michel Couvreur Pale Single Single. Excellent scotch, underrated and unknown.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Philly here I come! Get me a Pat's cheesesteak wiz, wit!! Tony Luke's acceptable as well.....lol

Always been curious about the French wine guy doing scotch. I've never tried any and didn't want to buy blind. Will consider a bottle next sale. Thanks.