So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

Very nice John!

Thanks so much my friend! party.gif

If you haven't already tried it the Rittenhouse is great in proper Manhattans, or the "Baby" Sazerac! Antica Formula Vermouth, Angostora bitters a few extra cherries. Prefer mine on rocks.

That's why I got the bottle, as after much experimentation, Rye whiskey is my choice for Manhattan and Sazerac cocktails. Rittenhouse is better than getting the Wild Turkey 81 proof, in my opinion. I found a bottle of the old Wild Turkey 101 proof Rye awhile ago, which is so much better than the current 81 proof bottling, but I'd rather save it. If I had to I could settle for Bulleit Rye too. Sazerac Rye is a little harder to source in Australia. ok.gif

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Ooo....let me know how you get on with that one.

Heard this was underwhelming. Let us know what you think of it though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also would like to hear about the Milsean.....

Glenmorangie is one of my favorites, but I didn't dare to make the plunge on this one, due to all the tasting notes I've seen mentioning "coconut".

I'm interested to hear your feedback on this one!

Heard the exact opposite. Supposedly mind-blowing!

Sent from my iPhone

Yep, will crack this tester bottle of Milsean soonish along with a spare bottle of Tusail too to compare against.

Thanks so much my friend! party.gif

That's why I got the bottle, as after much experimentation, Rye whiskey is my choice for Manhattan and Sazerac cocktails. Rittenhouse is better than getting the Wild Turkey 81 proof, in my opinion. I found a bottle of the old Wild Turkey 101 proof Rye awhile ago, which is so much better than the current 81 proof bottling, but I'd rather save it. If I had to I could settle for Bulleit Rye too. Sazerac Rye is a little harder to source in Australia. ok.gif

They re-released 1L bottles of WT 101 Rye here a year or so back, keep your eye out for it, maybe coming your way?

They re-released 1L bottles of WT 101 Rye here a year or so back, keep your eye out for it, maybe coming your way?

Yes, I read that it was going to take a little time until the 101 came back awhile ago. I'll wait for it to come out our way, I would imagine the major liquor retailers would want to exhaust supplies of 81 proof first.

Almost forgot about this little 20cl bottle.

I am not usually into many blends, but this one very much reminded me of Japanese blends like the Hibiki

post-13208-14554706478.jpg

A bit pricy, but very drinkable and approachable. I will save this as an intro to the scotch world for friends that visit.

I haven't tried their regular bottling before

• Like 2

My gf kicks ass once again d4c5f628cd33f948e171a34fcd419faa.jpg32d3c9627399c7d6631815977831468b.jpg

I don't drink Scotch but the presentation of the Monkeys Lunch makes me want to!

Pernod tastes like what happens after the monkey eats lunch...lol.....

I put water in it to dilute it and sip. It's a French thing apparently.

I put water in it to dilute it and sip. It's a French thing apparently.

Yea it becomes cloudy. Supposed to mix sugar in too. It's essentially the same thing as Arak and Ouzo and somewhat like absinthe. Gotta like anise/licorice though. Not a huge fan.
  • Like 1

Yea it becomes cloudy. Supposed to mix sugar in too. It's essentially the same thing as Arak and Ouzo and somewhat like absinthe. Gotta like anise/licorice though. Not a huge fan.

My family doesn't add any auger the stuffs already pretty sweet.

Re: the Glenmorangie Milsean- great nose, smells like a box of hard candy. I thought it was very nice. Typically light in body as all Glenmorangies.

I tasted chocolate and a touch of red pepper, some citrus and melon on the finish. IMO the best private edition since Sonnalta.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1