So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

As fate would have it, managed to find some of the Parker's Heritage Collection 8th Edition, that is to say: reasonably priced without the secondary market markups.

3479c164ed0292600e601476542defca.jpg

Also a bottle of Tomatin 15 Year Old that is on clearance - apparently the packaging is being updated.

• Like 1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Found a diamond in the rough liquor store yesterday that had an amazing wine selection. Had I dropped by at 9:00 last night I could have gotten a selfie with rapper 50 Cent, who was launching his new vodka in-store. Alas, I don't enjoy vodka and I enjoy rap even less. Did pick up an Amarone from Luigi Righetti, a chateau Neuf du pape from Usseglio &Fils and a Sauvignon blanc from Giesen.

• Like 1

A couple of bottles of the now discontinued Famous Grouse 21 Year Old - a pure malt blend and rather popular back in the day as it has a high proportion of Macallan and Highland Park in the blend makeup.

dc05d5516c3b8eed402838f4f634e81a.jpg

It was on sale locally for a limited time, massive discount too albeit still quite a lot more than what I used to pay for them in the early 2000's - different packaging and occasionally drinking it with cola back then too!

• Like 4

A couple of independent bottlings of aged Mortlach: 1994 Mortlach 20 Year Old Cadenhead Small Batch series, from bourbon hogsheads that yielded a total of 768 bottles.

7b62e1be7c28c49002426ec6dd84f486.jpg

Aged Mortlachs are become few and far in-between.

• Like 1

A couple more bottles of the Parker's Heritage Collection 8th Edition - 13 Year Old Wheat Whiskey.

4e6b623e750f9fa953d198214b7afa34.jpg

It's funny as I tried really hard last couple of years to get a bottle at retail price without success. Having accepted that I would never get any unless I am willing to pay 3-4 times in the secondary market, suddenly these come along.

I think 4 bottles is enough for me.

• Like 1

More bourbon...e3866e20ec39bb2147805a8559b866d4.jpg

Irish Bourbon? WTF does that even mean?

Bourbon mixed with Irish whiskey - supposed to be extremely smooth. Check the klwines site for more details. Guess the name has already been disallowed for any future batches.

http://www.klwines.com/p/i?i=1242827

Anything from Southie is "wicked pissah." Just ask someone who spent 25 years in MA... or Matt Damon and Ben Affleck.

• Like 1