So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Hope you get one at a reasonable price. Ill have to wait at least 6-8 months, if not more, and price will not be friendly....

Canadian quarantine??

I feel your pain Shlomo. I am just as Frustrated dealing with the LCBO in Ontario. My only salvation is that Detroit is just across the border. Also spend a few weekends a year in Chicago and make at trip to Binny's . A least they have a variety of whiskies for me to purchase. My only complaint is the US exchange rate at the moment.

It's raining Ardbeg.

My wife surprised me with another couple of bottles of the Ardbeg Dark Cove Committee Release bottling and I received my allocation of the Society bottling no. 33.133 "Whipped with happiness" - an 8 year old Ardbeg from a 2nd fill ex-sherry butt.

fa6272c69b93ad2b2f0a0a87b424b4e6.jpg

Judging from the colour, looks to be a rather active refill ex-sherry butt too.

• Like 4

2 more bottles of Macallan Select Oak (really like this dram) and 2 bottles of Macallan 12

looking forward to the reviews ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These finally showed up a little worse for wear from the transit, independent bottlings of Mortlach and Clynelish from Signatory:

7f3c6f0f27ab4435f473e4f9b872bd8f.jpg

1997 vintage of Mortlach and Clynelish, bottled non-chill filtered at 18 years old and a 1995 Clynelish 20 year old from a refill sherry butt.

• Like 1

Some recent pick ups: the Glen Grant from G&M is a un-chill filtered sherry finish of the standard 10yr, the Rattray is a 19yr Glentauchers bourbon barrel @cask strength. The Glen Grant "Major's Reserve" was an impulse buy, as it was on sale for $20 (might end up being the "special" malt for visitors who don't know scotch).

post-25620-0-84753500-1458944556_thumb.j

post-25620-0-64123300-1458944646_thumb.j

• Like 2

Vacationing in the Mornington Peninsula - wine country. As it is every year, I would stop by my usual winery: Main Ridge Estate, one of the smaller wineries in this region to purchase a few bottles of their Chardonnay and Pinot Noir that I really enjoy and would consider to be among the best.

29cc889d48823c6d6dea0046553eabf7.jpg

It is picking and harvest season at the winery at the moment.

667c6148d2be783ce6380f3ccf983038.jpg

Sadly this year I learn that the original owner and winemaker: Nat White, has sold the property to retire after about 40 years in the industry. As luck would have it, he happened to be around today consulting for the new owners and I managed to shake his hand and to wish him well.

Decided to stock up on what remaining vintages of his work.

86a2912a26e45ba5c4b894ad4818aa87.jpg

2015 would be his last and I am looking forward to the release towards the middle of the year to purchase an allocation of his last vintage.

Yes - good buy. If you don't plan to get it then please let me know so that I can. :D

I will grab it tomorrow then ?, love the 18 recent bottling (paid $150), wonder how they compare to the 25 year old.

For 400$ mark, Glenfarclas family cask is also in the wish list https://www.nicks.com.au/1988-glenfarclas-the-family-casks-cask-strength-single-malt-scotch-whisky-700ml

Cheers

• Like 1