So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Stuck on batch 52 here with 51 being MIA and no sign of 53. Hows the 54? Slightly stronger than previous batches.

Rob recommended it after a little get together where we opened up a bottle of Kavalan Solist Vinho Barrique (which I was fortunate to get last year). As that was matured in sherry casks at 58.6% abv, it had a nice spice, fruity taste to it, with a caramel and vanilla finish, as sengjc has mentioned in the 'What's in your glass today?' thread recently. This batch 54 of Aberlour A'Bunadh is a cask strength single malt at 60.7% abv, as you know, so I'll post a mini-review when I open it with friends to sample and compare with the Kavalan.

Where did you pick that up from John may I ask .

West, I was able to get it as a My Dan Murphys member. They had it on special for members at $AU100 for members. The usual price is $AU114.

Rob recommended it after a little get together where we opened up a bottle of Kavalan Solist Vinho Barrique (which I was fortunate to get last year). As that was matured in sherry casks at 58.6% abv, it had a nice spice, fruity taste to it, with a caramel and vanilla finish, as sengjc has mentioned in the 'What's in your glass today?' thread recently. This batch 54 of Aberlour A'Bunadh is a cask strength single malt at 60.7% abv, as you know, so I'll post a mini-review when I open it with friends to sample and compare with the Kavalan.

West, I was able to get it as a My Dan Murphys member. They had it on special for members at $AU100 for members. The usual price is $AU114.

Thanks

Im aware that it is a CS single malt....been collecting since batch 28. Thought u opened it up already. The Glenfarclas 105 is another sherry heavy CS if youre looking for more.

• Like 2

After sampling over the last couple days, I had to go back and see how many bottles remained. After checking their computer, only one left anywhere so I jumped at it.

6bfed8e203a4f083a665e069e1b6ffe5.jpg

Unreal natural colour and the dreamiest of flavours for my tastes

Just picked up a bottle of the Batch 54 A'Bunadh for a steal on Amazon UK. It's taking all my willpower to save it for the weekend. I've heard nothing but good things about this stuff. Look at the colour of it!

post-29139-0-96395200-1461602180_thumb.j

• Like 3

A selection of independent bottling malt whisky:

- 2006 Tamdhu 9 Year Old van Wees the Ultimate Cask Strength, cask no. 920.

- 2006 Edradour 9 Year Old van Wees the Ultimate Cask Strength, cask no. 249.

- 1995 Clynelish 20 Year Old Signatory Vintage Cask Strength Collection, cask no. 8685.

97f37335ac6dbda2cae15821f01db266.jpg

Also a bottle of Japanese blended whisky: Shinshu Mars Iwai Tradition, batch no. 35Q42.

• Like 2

The weather is finally turning so time to stock up on one of my go to rums for the summer 1db2a56b400f6b0d19343418beb9a34f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Another lot of independent bottling malt whisky:

- A bottle of the 1988 Blair Athol 26 Year Old Signatory Vintage Cask Strength Collection, cask no. 6792.

- A bottle of the 1995 Clynelish 20 Year Old Signatory Vintage Cask Strength Collection, cask no. 8683.

- Another bottle of the 1995 Clynelish 20 Year Old Signatory Vintage Cask Strength Collection, cask no. 8685.

b22146ef8bb73918c985c3ee7e5f8e55.jpg

• Like 3