So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

My local wine shop had a deal on Tussock Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc for $5.99. Next lowest price on WineSearcher was $15. Naturally, this is a case buy. Not quite as much citrus as some of the more popular ones, but more well rounded. Might grab another case as this stuff goes down like water on the deck in the summer!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Has any1 tried the Glen Marnich 18 yo from Aldi Australia? My local store sold out today, one day after it on the self.

Tia

I saw that too in their brochures. Likewise interested to know if anyone has any firsthand experience.

a085a43a9a10abfb7cd6f7d8c51d12b1.jpg

Purchased this 3-4 year Travel Retail version of Kilchoman from the World of Whiskies shop at Gatwick Airport. Kilchoman, although a young whisky, is my favourite peated expression from Islay currently and I am working my way up to eventually purchasing their 12yr. High praises to the folks at Kilchoman for taking the time to do things right.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Big Kilchoman fan here. How is this one different from the other regular releases? How was it matured?

Thanks!

a085a43a9a10abfb7cd6f7d8c51d12b1.jpg

Purchased this 3-4 year Travel Retail version of Kilchoman from the World of Whiskies shop at Gatwick Airport. Kilchoman, although a young whisky, is my favourite peated expression from Islay currently and I am working my way up to eventually purchasing their 12yr. High praises to the folks at Kilchoman for taking the time to do things right.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Big Kilchoman fan here. How is this one different from the other regular releases? How was it matured?

Thanks!

Thanks!

"Proportion" of Barley from Coull Point (although how much isn't stated) adds a hint of marine saltiness to the Clove and Vanilla, bit of wintergreen and avocado on the nose.

They blended 4 & 5 yr old whisky aged in fresh American Bourbon (Oak) barrels, the 4yr was finished in Sherry Olorosso casks for 4 weeks which ticks the sweetness up a tock, however doesn't follow through in the finish.

I am a big fan of the Old Pultney 17yr, and I see this as a peated, spiced version of this, albeit less mature/complex version of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, sengjc said:

A couple of bottles of the Lagavulin 12 Year Old (2014 bottling).

1be860b86a6878c6670da92f8fde56e3.jpg

These were on sale at a local bottleshop.

Bastard :D  Enjoy

I'm much more knowledgeable about wine than Port at this point but I am starting to have it more often as it is great with a cigar after dinner. Pick a few of these two up today.

1694544227de499cf9b8e61f0cb084f6.jpg

97b46531a9f3315716ef9bdcb0b55313.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk