So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

Caol Ila is not that peaty; I think Port Charlotte is a better entry into peated scotch, but it is a nice whisky.

That St. Magdalene is some rare stuff. I can't really justify Brora when peated Clynelish is around.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I really like Clynelish ...from their light coloured waxy honey citrus bottlings to their dark Sherried finishes, excellent range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Caol Ila is not that peaty; I think Port Charlotte is a better entry into peated scotch, but it is a nice whisky.

That St. Magdalene is some rare stuff. I can't really justify Brora when peated Clynelish is around.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I really enjoyed the caol ila I think I may try clynelish or bunnahabhiain next.

• Like 1

Bunnahabhain is a lovely dram.

Saw this at auction and had to have it just on the colour...and it rates exceptionally well.

Highly sought after by collectors (even missing the original box) which makes it a ridiculously expensive indulgence for an independent bottling.

Can't wait to crack it though

3f86b6cdd289df44d385456edfdc9a3f.jpg

• Like 4

No booze, just a couple of glasses. Finally succumbed and bought these Japanese made Shotoku glasses.

f905686fc8c0c3020f57b93becab64c8.jpg

Very fine craftsmanship. Originally meant for appreciating premium sake, specifically daiginjo, but I can see these being used for spirits. :D

• Like 2

Saw this at auction and had to have it just on the colour...and it rates exceptionally well.

Highly sought after by collectors (even missing the original box) which makes it a ridiculously expensive indulgence for an independent bottling.

Can't wait to crack it though

Amazing colour on the Bunnahabhain - lovely find.

• Like 1

Amazing colour on the Bunnahabhain - lovely find.

Cheers bro

I also picked up another stunning 31 year old Bunna Signatory bottling recently have so got a couple of nice ones on the shelf.

Let me know if you ever find yourself in AKLD

• Like 1

Cheers bro

I also picked up another stunning 31 year old Bunna Signatory bottling recently have so got a couple of nice ones on the shelf.

Let me know if you ever find yourself in AKLD

Likewise if you find yourself in Melb.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2016 at 3:46 PM, StingMeadery said:

Can't wait to crack it though emoji7.png

I have yet to try an Adelphi bottling I didn't love.  Great find.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

On June 14, 2016 at 6:11 AM, Lant63 said:

4cc8302f25c1d849b497fd7919634205.jpg

Any good? I'm trying to broaden my collection into some peatier scotch.

I wish you every success!  Last year and a half I've tried to join the fold of Islay Scotch...just not to my taste.  I tried Caol Ila and Lagavulin.  I preferred the Lagavulin 16...but still not to my taste.  

Course my taste buds may be defective.  I love other island scotches...Talisker and Highland Park come to mind which have smoke.  Others on the forum can't believe I love those but not Islay and that I don't taste the peat.  

Maybe my issue, well one anyway, is that I associate "peat" with the taste of iodine.  Everything I've tried from Islay tastes of iodine.  Talisker and Highland park has smoke galore, campfire smoke really, but no taste of iodine that I can detect.

Do keep us updated on your journey!

• Like 1

I wish you every success!  Last year and a half I've tried to join the fold of Islay Scotch...just not to my taste.  I tried Caol Ila and Lagavulin.  I preferred the Lagavulin 16...but still not to my taste.  

Course my taste buds may be defective.  I love other island scotches...Talisker and Highland Park come to mind which have smoke.  Others on the forum can't believe I love those but not Islay and that I don't taste the peat.  

Maybe my issue, well one anyway, is that I associate "peat" with the taste of iodine.  Everything I've tried from Islay tastes of iodine.  Talisker and Highland park has smoke galore, campfire smoke really, but no taste of iodine that I can detect.

Do keep us updated on your journey!

Thank you very much for both your good wishes and your insight. I think one of those two distilleries may be my next acquisition!

Last year and a half I've tried to join the fold of Islay Scotch...just not to my taste.  br />

Me too, tbh I just don't like Peated Whisky.

I've tried the best of them and it just doesn't rock my world...mate pored me a single cask Ardbeg 22 year old last night, nosed it, took a sip and poured it into his glass

Poured myself another Mortlach Cigar Malt.

Sherried Whisky, ...now that gets me moist !

56 minutes ago, StingMeadery said:

Me too, tbh I just don't like Peated Whisky.

I've tried the best of them and it just doesn't rock my world...mate pored me a single cask Ardbeg 22 year old last night, nosed it, took a sip and poured it into his glass emoji23.pngemoji97.png

Poured myself another Mortlach Cigar Malt.

Sherried Whisky, ...now that gets me moist !

Heartbreaker.  You would think a 22 year old scotch would be pure bliss.  

You our have to console yourself with the fact that we all love whisky...just can't love all whisky.  

Thank The Lord there is variety so that all can enjoy in the heavenly spirit.

Enjoying a PL Monte and a lovely brandy while the sun sets.  Life is good.  Find solace in what sustains you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lant63 said:

Thank you very much for both your good wishes and your insight. I think one of those two distilleries may be my next accusation!

Of the two Talisker is the stronger of the two.  I think Highland Park ages is sherry casks.  Might want to start there.  Oban and Scapa are lighter as well.  Much less smoke though.  All the same, great journey.

• Like 1