So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Now, this stuff people either love or hate.  I love it.  Smooth as silk and no burn, but many argue that it is not rum.

Call it whatever you like but it is good regardless of classification.  Not sure it is worth the cost but got 3 bottles for about $100 off per bottle.

IMG_1174.jpg

• Like 3

Dictador 12 Yr - smooth, dry, low sugar. Nice bottle for $40.  Wanted to try the rest of their line but impossible to get here.  For those in other spots chech out their XO Insolent and report back please.

image.jpeg

• Like 3

KL got some good new deals...

25704311787cdcbb438ab1b2ffd9cd6e.jpgbe454a6dd60038ff3e2c0e735175167d.jpg

The Michel Couvreur bottlings are quite unique. A tip for you, make sure you have a spare empty bottle complete with a stopper when you crack the Michel Couvreurs open, they are sealed like wine bottles.
  • Like 2

The Michel Couvreur bottlings are quite unique. A tip for you, make sure you have a spare empty bottle complete with a stopper when you crack the Michel Couvreurs open, they are sealed like wine bottles.

Thanks for the tip! The dealer told me to tap the wax rather than to try to cut it. I'll keep a stopper ready :)

Thanks for the tip! The dealer told me to tap the wax rather than to try to cut it. I'll keep a stopper ready

The Couvreur have a driven cork like a wine bottle, so it's very hard to recork. That's why you need a spare cork.

Tap the wax with a small hammer or similar and it will just crack off. It's a big pain.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip! The dealer told me to tap the wax rather than to try to cut it. I'll keep a stopper ready

Yes, the wax is quite brittle so it should tap off with some effort. Avoid using your nails, use a spoon or butter knife instead.

Really like Rhum Clément, especially the ones with some age but haven't tasted one I didn't like yet.

I just finished my Clement VSOP the day before (really loved it) so I wanted to try a different one :)

Well, I just got back from Scotland so there are a few.  Also, upon arriving home we picked up four bottles of Kilchoman Madeira (Festival bottle and there won't be anymore ) after falling in love with it there and Bruichladdich Octomore 7.3 for the same reason.  Take a look at my crowning jewel I picked up though, saving that one for my first kid, whenever that might be.  

IMG_8430.JPG

IMG_8692.JPG

• Like 2

'W' is for whisk(e)y:

be15c2cb9a396a94944db6cffb6d491f.jpg
- A bottle of the Arran Machrie Moor Cask Strength 2nd Edition
- A bottle of the discontinued Glenlivet Nadurra 16 Year Old
- Another bottle of the Lagavulin 8 Year Old 200th Anniversary Edition
- A bottle of the Old Pulteney Duncansby Head Travel Retail Exclusive
- A bottle of Koval Single Barrel Bourbon

And 'W' is for wine:

58bdd787e9e2a55e3a91568865364cb0.jpg
- A magnum of the 2002 Elderton Ode to Lorraine
- A nother three magnums of the 2002 Craneford John Zilm Petit Verdot
- A bottle of the 2010 Clarendelle Bordeaux

47647bff2941e559f4f02f7a5eb2c1c7.jpg
- Another magnum of the 2005 Wild Duck Creek Springflat Shiraz
- A magnum of the 2005 Mollydooker Enchanted Path
- Another magnum of the 2005 Mollydooker Carnival of Love
- Another magnum of the 2005 Rolf Binder Heysen

9806a0511f304ddf35b0a8dde692a1d4.jpg
- A bottle of the 1990 Wynns John Riddoch
- A bottle of the 1991 Wynns John Riddoch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sengjc said:

I have seen this floating around some local Aussie stores for AUD$99. Any good?

Yes, tried it in 2014 and really like the flavor profile vs. the regular production and reserve (which I drink most often).  Had a bottle of their Cask 16 which is also a cognac cask finish and it was awesome.  Since I can no longer find Crown Cask 16, I have bought another bottle of the XO.  FYI, just tried the Noble Collection bottle tonight and it was super smooth.  

I hate harsh liquor. If I want to drink fire water, I'll just get some moonshine or pure grain alcohol, but I have not done idiotic stuff like that since I was a teenager.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sengjc said:

And 'W' is for wine:

47647bff2941e559f4f02f7a5eb2c1c7.jpg
- Another magnum of the 2005 Wild Duck Creek Springflat Shiraz
- A magnum of the 2005 Mollydooker Enchanted Path
- Another magnum of the 2005 Mollydooker Carnival of Love
- Another magnum of the 2005 Rolf Binder Heysen

Love the Wild Duck Creek Springflat Shiraz, but never been a fan of Mollydooker for some reason.

• Like 1