So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

On 8/15/2011 at 8:07 AM, rusty said:

Got a bottle of Ardbeg Corryvreckan for a recent birthday, WOW,a great BIG whisky

Love Correyvrecken! Worth every penny 

• Like 1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

This is special stuff. Bottled for Costco, single barrel, 110 proof. I vetted it against my benchmark of Four Roses OBSV Barrel Strength. So similar, high rye, spicy, vanilla, caramel, maple syrup, light barrel smoke, cinnamon - nice stuff! It's made about 30 minutes from my house..

IMG_8102.JPG

20 hours ago, sengjc said:

Ardbeg Uigeadail and ***** Miyagikyo NAS (Japanese bottling).

91cfdac22d431b8433b892addb3cada6.jpg

I have the Uigeadail magnificent picked up the dark cove last week ...I have turned into big   Ardbeg fan, wish I had sooner ....picked up the 10 year old yesterday ...what I have noticed is Vintage cellars are  better priced  than Dan Murphy's  with sort of stuff for Aussies .

010.JPG

• Like 2

On 11/09/2016 at 0:43 PM, LLC said:

Some rum's I picked up on my trip. One for our neighbors, one my wife wanted and one for me. Guess which one is for me emoji41.png.

7d23a82ba13c0b30ea9abed6270ed146.jpg

that 20-year-old santiago is a cracker. one of the truly great rums.

it, as far as i am aware, is based on a rum they released early in this century. same wavy bottle but the label was simply 'Extra Anejo' - similar but different. i believe it was a limited release of 1,000 bottles and so successful, they then turned it into the regular rum - a la the one in the pic. only reason i know any of this is that it was released just before our first trip, early this century. it was $100 and that seemed extreme but i grabbed one and wow! at that stage, the greatest rum i'd ever tried. and still one of the top two or three. next trip back, i grabbed another but the fine print (and the label of those released shortly after that first supposedly one-off release) was slightly different (ever-so-slightly). now, it has changed a bit more to your pic. they had such success with the first one, they made it a regular production. for me, it has remained as one of the great rums though i've not seen it quite match the first release - no great surprise as i suspect it had access to some amazing old material that the regular production does not. for obvious reasons.

enjoy the rum - sadly, i'm now out. largely thanks to a bastard who shall not be named (but thanks rob), who got into my spirits cupboards one day.

that 20-year-old santiago is a cracker. one of the truly great rums.

it, as far as i am aware, is based on a rum they released early in this century. same wavy bottle but the label was simply 'Extra Anejo' - similar but different. i believe it was a limited release of 1,000 bottles and so successful, they then turned it into the regular rum - a la the one in the pic. only reason i know any of this is that it was released just before our first trip, early this century. it was $100 and that seemed extreme but i grabbed one and wow! at that stage, the greatest rum i'd ever tried. and still one of the top two or three. next trip back, i grabbed another but the fine print (and the label of those released shortly after that first supposedly one-off release) was slightly different (ever-so-slightly). now, it has changed a bit more to your pic. they had such success with the first one, they made it a regular production. for me, it has remained as one of the great rums though i've not seen it quite match the first release - no great surprise as i suspect it had access to some amazing old material that the regular production does not. for obvious reasons.

enjoy the rum - sadly, i'm now out. largely thanks to a bastard who shall not be named (but thanks rob), who got into my spirits cupboards one day.

Thanks for the background information. I am looking forward to trying this one.