Cubans & Non Cubans

I Smoke Cuban & Non Cuban  

764 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9/10 cigars I smoke these days are CCs. There are a few NCs that I've enjoyed like the Tat Black CG and the Las Calaveras as of late but I have ulteroir motives for most I have. Give it a year and someone will sell their firstborn for a sealed jar of said tats and I'll oblige them :lol:

...and DE's and....

And that company right there is probably what burned me out on NCs. The "velvet feral flying ratzilla pig that was only supposed to be for some guys retirement party but a few boxes got out" cigar? Really?!? Oh, and the UF-4 debacle at Casa de Montecristo. They are very good at creating unicorns and they sre very tasty but I grew tired of chasing them. Easier to just order a box of Connie As or Siglo VIs for the same money (or less). No fuss, no muss.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I enjoy both, Compared side by side, I think the Best of the Cubans always wins over the Best of the Non-Cubans, but there are a lot of great non-cubans that can stand up against alot of the Cubans no

Jesus, did I just read this??? ... I don't have sex with goats either! Unless I do, I have no idea how to make love; is that it??? Missing something? I'll risk it! This is the silliest post I have

So smoking BRC and PSD4 at 8 or so USD a pop is being a snob, unless I also smoke 15 to 30 USD Padron and Fuentes? Yeah, logic seems right......

Predominantly Cuban smoker.....hundreds in the humi.....been to havana and explored the island many times. You can't find bigger pro-cuba and cuban cigar man than maybe Castro himself. Girlfriend was in Nicaragua last year in Grenada and bought 4 cigars off a vendor in town......4 excellent cigars and maybe some of the best I've ever smoked. When the Gf picks up cigars on travel you have to give the solid 'Thanks honey!'....and roll them to back of the humi and forget about them. My bad..she should have bought the farm they were outstanding. I'll keep an open mind from now on.

JD

post-6387-0-99495000-1401853617_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

Being Canadian and having to pay extraordinary prices for cigars, I do stock up on some nice NCs when in the US...Padron, Ashton, Aging Room. I prefer CCs - that's a real treat!

I certainly think if someone completely writes off NC, then they are missing out on some fantastic cigars. That said, I am primarily CC's. I love the Tatuaje TAA series. Padrons are fantastic. Some fuente. Anything by Crowned Heads. There are a few more. I'm probably 80/20 CC/NC respectively

When I first started seriously collecting/smoking cigars years ago I found myself stockpiling lots of nc's, thinking that they were a bargain and that they were great. I discovered cc's around 4 years ago and it changed my whole concept of cigars. I now stockpile about 90% cc's and the rest nc's on a yearly basis. I hundreds and hundreds of nc "mistakes" stocked that I'm still smoking today. I wish it would've found out about cc's sooner. The quality and taste just isn't there in the vast majority of nc's for me (I do still do enjoy a few select nc's).

I smoke both, but I've smoked many more NC cigars than cubans. I don't do this because I like cubans any less than NC cigars. It's primarily caused by the extra hassle and price of getting cuban cigars in the US. I don't have a huge cigar budget, so I often find myself choosing a box of quality NCs than a few single cubans. I wish this weren't the case as almost all the cubans I have had were great smokes.

I smoke both. I find that I go through phases of smoking NC's one month and then CC's the next. Both have their merits, but if you put a gun to my head and forced me to pick one type for the rest of my life I would choose CC's every time.

I've got a lot of NC's in my humidor I'm trying to smoke to get rid of so I can have more room for CC's. It's not that they are bad I'd just rather use the valuable humidor space for CCs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i smoke both NC's more so because a got a lot more variety and CC's are those gems to go for when i feel i deserve a treat.. been on the hunt for the top 15 NC's that i will keep in my perma rotation, currently got about 6. sooo aside from that my CC:NC ratio is bout 20/80 atm

98% Cuban. I admit to reaching for a pepper bomb on occasion tho. Mostly Pepin, My Father, Tats, and Camacho.

I smoke about Half and half,there are some excellent non cubans out there.Just to name A couple Padron 1964 and 1926 maduro,Oliva master blendIII I smoke about three cigars A day most caronas and robustos,so I mix it up! A Cuban,Honduran,and A Nicaraguan,all have there distinct flavour! The only one's I dont care for are Dominican.

Been adding more and more CCs to the rotation, with still a few hundred NCs still in the humidor. In a few years, once the NCs have been smoked, will probably reorder some AF Don Carlos No2, Oliva V No4 and AF Anejo. I just seem to enjoy Cubans more, nothing wrong per se with NCs...

I doubt I will ever buy NC's again. Once I work through the ones in my humidor I'm done. Not that they are terrible but I prefer CCs immensely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well i just spent a week in the Dominican and picked up 2 old favourite NC's that i used to smoke regularly, an af anejo shark and an opus x....i smoked the shark after not having one for a good 4 or 5 years and i cannot say i was disappointed because i wasnt expecting much i can say i wasnt surprised that it was dull and boring and a perfect affirmation of why i no longer smoke them...eventually i will burn the opus i guess probably will be much of the same, maybe i should just give it away lol...

• 1 month later...

I spent two years trying anything and everything non-Cuban that I could get my hands on and I found a few gems. Ultimately that lead to Cubans though, and I haven't bought any non's since. There are some I will always have around, but I haven't quite scratched the surface of what Cuba has to offer, so that is where I will concentrate my purchases for some time.

This sums me up. Have been enjoying more Cubans lately.