Cubans & Non Cubans

I Smoke Cuban & Non Cuban  

764 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Very nice of you, Jringe. I've always liked the Cabby Guapos 46. An excellent cigar that I enjoy almost as much as a good Habanos.

Wilkey

That is a very nice offer. I have the Coronas Extra and like them as well. Change of pace.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I enjoy both, Compared side by side, I think the Best of the Cubans always wins over the Best of the Non-Cubans, but there are a lot of great non-cubans that can stand up against alot of the Cubans no

Jesus, did I just read this??? ... I don't have sex with goats either! Unless I do, I have no idea how to make love; is that it??? Missing something? I'll risk it! This is the silliest post I have

So smoking BRC and PSD4 at 8 or so USD a pop is being a snob, unless I also smoke 15 to 30 USD Padron and Fuentes? Yeah, logic seems right......

I still have a couple hundred NC cigars that I smoke from time to time- various Tats and L'atelier, Herrera Estelli, Illusione, some Fuente and a handful of Padrons. About 95% what I regularly smoke is habanos, however. I enjoy the change of pace but sometimes I realize an old favorite just isn't for me anymore. Recently I've come to that conclusion with Padron 26, 64 and FR. It's not the flavors so much as the wind tunnel effect that drives me nuts. I am down to about 10 and I'm not sure I will ever buy Padron again. This is almost blasphemy to me as they were my favorite cigars for long time but it seems CC have ruined them for me.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that im slowly adding more and more CC to my humi's. Eventually it will be 80%CC 20% NC. Sending an order Robs way later this week for some new goodies.

The only part that kinda sucks about CC is the aging part. But eventually maybe by next year, this years stock will be ready to sample. We shall see.

Any suggestions on which CC's are more mild/medium strength with full creamy earthy flavors?

Sizes/vitolas and marca's.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

I forgot to mention in my previous post that im slowly adding more and more CC to my humi's. Eventually it will be 80%CC 20% NC. Sending an order Robs way later this week for some new goodies.

The only part that kinda sucks about CC is the aging part. But eventually maybe by next year, this years stock will be ready to sample. We shall see.

Any suggestions on which CC's are more mild/medium strength with full creamy earthy flavors?

Sizes/vitolas and marca's.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Maybe upmann? Not so sure on it being earthy but everyone's tastes are different. The mag 46 could give you that profile, the no 2 I'm sure you will enjoy. Upmann are the most creamy cigars or me and they get sweeter and sweeter with age

Maybe hoyo de Monterrey epicure #2 or epicure especial if you like cream and woodsy cigars?

There are pros and cons to each but I think that half the time it's merely the Cuban mystic that draws you in. I've smoked some damn fine non Cubans but alas they are way to expensive.

Maybe upmann? Not so sure on it being earthy but everyone's tastes are different. The mag 46 could give you that profile, the no 2 I'm sure you will enjoy. Upmann are the most creamy cigars or me and they get sweeter and sweeter with age

Maybe hoyo de Monterrey epicure #2 or epicure especial if you like cream and woodsy cigars?

Thanks Capn'!

Im gonna order a few singles of various H. Upmanns

... this is a cigar forum after all and frankly myths are way more interesting than facts!!! -LOL Long live the tooth fairy!...

WTF!!!! She's not real??!?!!?! surprised.gif

Guy, as the guys have mentioned, it's folklore / myth / hearsay - kind of like Havanas being rolled on the thighs of virgins, the Cubans cooking their tobacco, Smithy liking girls, etc. I mentioned it jokingly - not as a statement of fact - but as this discuusion is two years old, the context eludes me.

So....

He's going to Europe after a dude??? Hmmmm....sounds like he was taking lessons from someone....

(Where's that picture of "***-Ken-in-a-priest's-outfit-with-the-Freddie-Mercury-look-alike-in-bondage-gear-behind-him" when you need it?!?!?!? ;):P:D )

The Padawan has now become the Master....

I haven't had many NCs but given I have access and is legal to smoke CC where I live, cant' be bother to waste my time with NC.

from my limited experience with NC, they are either super smooth and boring or knock my head off-ly strong but still not mush flavour.

the most NC like cuban I ever had was a Behike 56.

I enjoy both cubans and non-cubans. I am a noob but def. like the flavor of the cubans i have tried so far for what it's worth.

Liga Privada Unico are really good. My favorite non cuban though are Fuente Woams or Anejo.

Love the anejos and sharks... Aged...even better

I smoke both, mostly Cubans thought. I do enjoy several NC and when the price is low, eg Casa Magna to me it is more easily justified. I've enjoyed AF Hemmingway and Oliva Melanio a lot in the past.

I 've tried Liga Privada but found them lacking in refinement, taste and complexity.

I have tried a few cubans but being new to the cigar world, my collection is small and consists mostly of non-cubans. I have to say, though cubans are very delightful, i enjoy both just the same.

• 2 months later...

Love both CC and NC. Still have alot to learn and try with the CC but must admit they have a certain flavor that the NC doesn't touch. Not to say there aren't great NC , because there absolutely are( padron, tatuaje, pepin etc)

I voted both because for the past 12 years I have smoked 99% NC with a few CC thrown in when received as a gift or in trade. Finally bought myself a 50th birthday present a box of Boli PC and it has been downhill since. I am acquiring more CC's and selling off my NC's. Can't say I will get to 100% CC, but they will soon be in the greater majority.

I enjoy both. I have enjoyed trying new cigars but am settling into my favorites. This year I tried allot of NCs. I am planning to buy most CC next year just because I have enough NC to last for awhile.

I have one 3 week trip planned to to Cuba for 2014 and am considering another 2 weeks around the festival in Havana. In the mean time I expect I will be contributing to Rob's children's education fund in 2014.

probably I smoke 98% cuban cigars.After 40 years of enjoying cigars I now prefer CCs .

It is hard for me to enjoy a CC while my rotation is Non Cubans,the power of the NC prevents my palate from enjoying the nuance flavors I find so enjoyable in Cuban cigars.

Also after smoking CCs for a while,non cuban sticks taste strange,unbalanced and heavy,with less enjoyable aromas.

I think it is difficult for me to enjoy both CC and NC cigars concurrently.

• Like 1

I enjoy both, however there is a larger ratio of crap cigars to good cigars when talking about NC cigars IMO. When I reach for a NC, which actually is not that common anymore for me, I tend to gravitate towards cigars that are not trying to re-create a "Cuban taste".

In the end though, nothing beats a good CC. Especially a spot-on BBF or MC2. peace.gif