Cubans & Non Cubans

I Smoke Cuban & Non Cuban  

764 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I enjoy both, Compared side by side, I think the Best of the Cubans always wins over the Best of the Non-Cubans, but there are a lot of great non-cubans that can stand up against alot of the Cubans no

Jesus, did I just read this??? ... I don't have sex with goats either! Unless I do, I have no idea how to make love; is that it??? Missing something? I'll risk it! This is the silliest post I have

So smoking BRC and PSD4 at 8 or so USD a pop is being a snob, unless I also smoke 15 to 30 USD Padron and Fuentes? Yeah, logic seems right......

NCs are for the birds. That's all I have to say about that!

origin-of-for-the-birds:

trivial, worthless, only of interest to gullible people

(strictly) for the birds

phrase of bird

informal

not worth consideration; unimportant.

"this piece of legislation is for the birds"

I cant wait until Don Pepin Garcia, Pete Johnson, etc. have the opportunity to blend using Cuban tobacco. They do a great job with the Nicaraguan tobacco now.

lmao.gif Ha. ha. That will be the day, They will have to work real hard ,wouldn't they ?

• 6 months later...

Having just gotten in to the CC game I tend to smoke more NC's because that what I have more of. I think both have unique qualities n like many have side a good cigar is a good cigar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My humidor is at roughly 60%nc vs 40%cc at the moment and i've got a shipment of some Liga Privada coming in.

As i am new to the world of Cigars i've been buying cutters, lighters and other accessories from the U.S and always include a couple of cigars based on what i've read in reviews.

From what i have smoked i generally like CC better, im going to Cuba this December so i see the ratio drastically changing up on return ;)

I smoke Dominican and Nicaraguan cigars a few times a year, typically gifts or stock purchased in the mid-2000s, but they rarely do it for me. If it's ever good, it's usually a Padron 1926/1964 or an Opus X or something at that price point and often with a bit of age, but still no more enjoyable than a Cuban cigar costing half as much. The return on investment just isn't there to justify purchasing more.

I liked Tatuajes brown labels when they first became popular, especially the Tainos and the Reserva SW. Tried a couple of Tatuaje, Fausto and Don Pepin Garcia My Father cigars in 2012 and 2013, but none of them were particularly enjoyable. Not sure if this is accurate, but a Seattle area tobacconist informed me in 2013 that Tatuaje blends had effectively changed since the cigars' initial release due to shifts in tobacco sourcing.

A part of me wonders if our tastes simply become more demanding, particular and expensive with greater experience in our vice of choice: cigars, wine, scotch or whatever it might be. In college, my friends and I thought Johnnie Walker Black Label was the nectar of the gods, now most of us won't touch blended scotch whatsoever, and a few will only drink alcohol approximately as old as the women they date.

• Like 1

.... A part of me wonders if our tastes simply become more demanding, particular and expensive with greater experience in our vice of choice: cigars, wine, scotch or whatever it might be. In college, my friends and I thought Johnnie Walker Black Label was the nectar of the gods, now most of us won't touch blended scotch whatsoever, and a few will only drink alcohol approximately as old as the women they date.

Well, quality costs more - you get what you pay for. I agree that as your palate (and wallet) matures, one finds oneself moving to the higher-quality and higher-end products they enjoy.

Regardless there's high-priced lower quality Scotch, wine and cigars as well as lower-priced high quality specimens as well so discrimination and discernment are key.

To the original question, I've moved almost exclusively to the Habanos as I find the strength and girth of the others have exceeded what I prefer and are a detriment to my enjoyment of the more refined and complex flavors of the Cuban cigar.

Well, quality costs more - you get what you pay for. I agree that as your palate (and wallet) matures, one finds oneself moving to the higher-quality and higher-end products they enjoy.

Regardless there's high-priced lower quality Scotch, wine and cigars as well as lower-priced high quality specimens as well so discrimination and discernment are key.

To the original question, I've moved almost exclusively to the Habanos as I find the strength and girth of the others have exceeded what I prefer and are a detriment to my enjoyment of the more refined and complex flavors of the Cuban cigar.

I'll say this, I haven't smoked an NC in probably 5 years, but the regular production CC's that I enjoy the most are a 3rd of the cost of the NC roof shingles I used to keep in my mix. I find that buying CC's has been cheaper, easier to get ( since they are delivered to my door), more convenient, and of course, more complex and tastier. In 15 years of smoking CC's , I have not suffered from a pattern ( pandemic) of construction and quality issues, just not a reality for me. Trusting your vendors is the key!

I am exclusively a Cuban smoker, just like them too much.

On rate occasions I will smoke an NC with a friend when their generosity and hospitality is forced upon me and good manner dictate taking one for the team.

This happened just the other day, with a Nub.

Just didn't do it for me...was "okay" and everything but afterwards I found myself thinking life's to short to not enjoy what you enjoy and that day I lost an opportunity to smoke a Cuban and light up my day :)

I've gone from 100% NC to 50/50 in the last year. My palate has changed dramatically, and I definitely prefer the CC complexity and balance. But I will always have a place in my heart for good NC cigars. There are just too many good ones out there to dismiss out of hand.

I've smoked only NC previous to the last 6 months. Since then I'm drawn to cc's for the smoothness and flavor. The cc's don't kill my palate but still give me a ton of flavor. I'm slowly trying to get my collection to 50/50 NC vs. CC.

I don't have anything against NCs, but the vast majority I smoke are CCs (I can't actually remember the last NC I smoked)

I just prefer CCs and whenever I'm making an order I don't even get as far as the NC section :)

• Like 2

I just prefer CCs and whenever I'm making an order I don't even get as far as the NC section :)

Know what? That's my sole issue with NCs, too. If it weren't for budgeting, i'd probably be stocked with NC Davidoff and A. Fuentes.

Good phrasing, Sean. I'd've never'd thought of it like that!

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk for Android.

Both. I have more cubans than NCs nowadays. But honestly Cuban tobacco and blending are still miles ahead of most NC blends and sticks.