TORONTO MEGAHERF NEARS!

Folks, we've opened up another thread as the old one was getting full.

Vitals for the Toronto Megaherf.

Date: Saturday August 27, 2011.

Time: 5PM

Venue: The Mambo Lounge. 120 Danforth Ave. Toronto. Mambo Home Page

Capacity 30-35 Max

Cost: $62.50 (includes taxes & gratuities)

Get in before 6:30PM for you free drink and cigar! :hungry:

UPDATE:

Good news/ Bad news

Good News first:

The event will be closed to the public as a private event. The whole place is ours !

There will be enough Hamlet rolled robustos at the event for 2 per person. Hamlet will be working overtime over the next couple of days to make sure that there are 70 of his personally hand rolled Robusto cigars at our event.

More good news:

The free cigar that for each person will be now be an exclusive high quality Cuban cigar not available yet here in Canada.

Some Bad News :unsure:

Hamlet has been commandeered by the Cuban Ambassador to Canada to attend a political event in Ottawa on Saturday. I have spoken to Hamlet myself and he is very disappointed. He was fully expecting to be able to attend our event until he was called away at the last minute by the Cuban Embassy. :tantrum:

For those that would still like to meet Hamlet he is rolling cigars at the Sleuth and Statesman in First Canadian Place today through Friday noon – 5:00 pm each day.

Event Schedule:

5:00 - 6:30

Free mojito and a free cigar upon arrival prior to 6:30.

Free Tapas will also be served at this time prior to the big feast

6:30

The Big Feast BBQ Cuban style served up.

8:00 - 8:30

Announcements for raffles and a word or two from Rob, Prez of FOH. :spotlight:

9:00

Last call for raffle tickets

Music and Cuban dancer begins

9:30 First raffle prize awarded

9:30 - 11:00

Many additional prizes have been donated for this event which will be drawn throughout the evening culminating with the cigar winner take all raffle at 11:00

11:00 - Close Enjoy more Cuban music Cuban dancers cigars and drinks till we close her down!! :buddies::2thumbs::party::pooped:

:cigar:Let's get our smoke on folks!! See you there! :cigar:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to bring my Flip video camera. If there is wifi there I can post right to you tube from it(maybe use that for a quick review or clips from the herf in almost real time). If someone can bring a laptop I also have a pretty nice web cam and we could stream the smoking patio live via Skype. Just a few ideas I am trowing out there. We cant let Tom and Frank have all the planning fun!

Should we decide to do a live stream I have a Skype account and will post the info here ahead of time, by Friday. Let me know what you guys think..... :daydream:

Hi guys

Sounds like your going to have a blast.good luck to all ,wish I could be there myself :daydream:

Having been on a event in Melbourne with Rob you guys are in for a good night

May all your Cigars be unplugged :2thumbs:

OZ :cigar:

I just want to send out a big THANK YOU to a number of people who have donated to the Prize pool for our raffle. :2thumbs:

Thanks Tony, Lisa, Frank and the Mambo Lounge :perfect10:

If anyone else has something that they would like to offer up to add to the prize pool, feel free to PM Frank and I with what you will bring to the prize table and we will include it on the list.

I am going to bring my Flip video camera. If there is wifi there I can post right to you tube from it(maybe use that for a quick review or clips from the herf in almost real time). If someone can bring a laptop I also have a pretty nice web cam and we could stream the smoking patio live via Skype. Just a few ideas I am trowing out there. We cant let Tom and Frank have all the planning fun!

Should we decide to do a live stream I have a Skype account and will post the info here ahead of time, by Friday. Let me know what you guys think..... :daydream:

For me the whole idea of getting together with people in real life to smoke a cigar, is to get off the internet for once, and have human contact. Personally being filmed or streamed or beamed or whatever is not something i'm interested in :)

I just want to send out a big THANK YOU to a number of people who have donated to the Prize pool for our raffle. :2thumbs:

Thanks Tony, Lisa, Frank and the Mambo Lounge :perfect10:

If anyone else has something that they would like to offer up to add to the prize pool, feel free to PM Frank and I with what you will bring to the prize table and we will include it on the list.

A big thanks over to you as well Tom. You're negotiating skills got us a great venue, for our exclusive use too :2thumbs: and many concessions and goodies thrown in. My negotiating skills, as an Italian, would've gone along the lines of.."you pick the lake, I'll pick the cement booties" :cigar:

Cheers! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

For me the whole idea of getting together with people in real life to smoke a cigar, is to get off the internet for once, and have human contact. Personally being filmed or streamed or beamed or whatever is not something i'm interested in :)

No problem, I understand. I was just thinking it would be nice to share the event with those who could not make it, thats all...

Anything going on before 17:00? I'm driving down to TO this afternoon and it's looking like I might end up with a lot of time to kill tomorrow afternoon prior to the event. I've never been to a LCDH and I have heard you guys have one so thought maybe I might check that out.

In order to provide the Mambo lounge with the guest list we have cut off the attendee list as we are very close to our maximum capacity.

There are still a couple of spots left so any of you who still wish to attend but have missed this cut off will need to PM either myself or Frank with their full name and contact information (email and phone) and we will confirm via a return email or phone call as soon as possible.

This is going to be one for the ages guys so bring your favorite cigars, and leave your worries behind.

Oh and don't forget to stock up on ice, Advil/Tylenol and Pepto Bismol at home for the next morning.

Cheers

Tom

I would be happy to host a pre herf from 2:30 to 4:45pm at my house. LMK if there is interest. Mambo is a 10 minute drive from my house.

Art, that's awesome of you. The out of town guys are looking for something to do. I've put your post in the Shoutbox for them to see as well.