Top 5 Bourbons

brazoseagle

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In no particular order: Woodford Reserve Eagle Rare 10 yr Four Rouses Single Barrel Elijah Craig 12 yr Angel's Envy

My top five bourbons overall are Four Roses Barrel Select OESO mash bill 13 year Four Roses LE 2013 small batch 125th William LaRue Weller fall 2009 release George T. Stagg fall 2014 release Fo

If anybody is wanting to get rid of some Stagg,Pappy, any of the BTAC,EC Barrel Proof or any other great bourbon that I can't get in the control state that is Ohio please PM me...The rarest thing I have ever found on a shelf in Ohio is Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2012 ....of course I can't find the 2013 anywhere to even start a collection...sorry for the rant...

Brutus, just PM'ed you.

So not being constrained by price here are my choices in no particular order.

Old Rip Van Winkle 10yr

Black Maple Hills Cask 7 21yr

William LaRue Weller

Woodford Reserve Master Collection 4 Wood

Four Roses 125th

• 1 month later...

In the American (USA) market, we just have Blantons single barrel, although Buffalo Trace uses the same mashbill in several of its other marketed bourbons. I know that the Pacific Rim has different Blantons bottlings. Honestly, they are all probably quite good. Buffalo Trace really doesn't put out any poor whisk(e)y.

You're right, there is a bottling for the international market https://www.blantons...bon.com/special which is what is available here for the same price as Buffalo Trace. The original single barrel is also available, so might check that out.

Cheers smile.png

Unless I am mistaken, Blanton's currently has 7 Bottlings, some more similar than others.

The basic and most common single barrel (not pictured, using the box/bottle as a book end currently. haha)

Special reserve (green)

Silver Edition (Japan Release)

Gold Edition

Straight from Barrel.

Two I recently discovered but don't have are Paris By Day and Paris By Night. Only available at one distributor as far as I'm aware, in Paris.

IMG_20140114_103113984_zps8a998e0c.jpg

Now for my top Bourbons:

Pappy 20

Blanton's Special Reserve

Blanton's Single Barrel

Basil Hayden's

Maker's 46

Bourbon and Scotch are a gift from above. And due to the stringency on their production they are all 'organic' if you will without any unnatural additives so I say in moderation they're actually healthy for you! Drink on everyone.

Edit: forgot the picture! hah!

These are my favorite bourbons for sipping (I have only had the Pappy 15 twice and don't own a bottle).

1) Elmer T Lee - after 15 minutes breathing holy lord is it good!!!!

2) Pappy 13 year rye ( amended from 15 yr wheated)

3) Bulleit 10 Year - 10-15 minutes to breath and wow!

4) Pure Kentucky XO -Blue Label

5) Four Roses Single Barrel

What I have found is the sweet spot for aged bourbon is 10-15 years. I find them pleasantly sweet and very smooth after breathing for a while.

My favorite bourbon to mix an Old Fahioned cocktail with is Woodford Reseve. The flavor of the bourbon goes really well with my recipe. I use the Julian Van Winkle recipe that you can find online.

1) Four Roses Single Barrel - the best, smoothest, most delicious 50% ABV bourbon there is.

2) Bookers - unbelievable barrel proof spirit, let it rest for about 20 minutes and it takes the edge off it and it's flavor country from there on out.

3) Blanton's - I never seem to buy much of this since it competes with Four Roses Single for my dollar at the same price point, but still quite good.

4) Evan Williams Single Barrel - the best bourbon at the $25 price point, IMO.

5) Elijah Craig - another cheap and cheerful.

• 2 weeks later...

Rum & Bourbon are my drinks of choice when smoking cigars.

1. Pappy 20 year

2. Woodford Reserve Masters Collection - Maple Wood Finish

3. Parkers 10 year Herritage Collection - Barrel Finished

4. Blantons

5. WL Wellers 12 year

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My top five bourbons overall are

Four Roses Barrel Select OESO mash bill 13 year

Four Roses LE 2013 small batch 125th

William LaRue Weller fall 2009 release

George T. Stagg fall 2014 release

Four Roses LE 2014 Single Barrel

However if I had to make a list of easily replenishable Bourbon it would be

Old Weller Antique 107 proof

Four Roses Single Barrel

Old Fitzgerald

Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

Old Forester Signature 100 proof

• Like 1

The list keeps changing as I try new ones, most aren't too bad haha! but so far my list would be;

1) Noah's Mill

2) Willett

3) Bullet

4) Four Roses

5) Elijah Craig

My top three would be:

Knob Creek

Bulleit 10 Year

Buffalo Trace

Buffalo Trace is here because, while not a particularly amazing spirit, I find it to be amazing given how it's priced where I am. At least until people figure this out and it becomes more expensive. The extra time for the Bulleit really does seem to make a difference.

• 2 weeks later...