New China Regional Edition to be Released shortly

Information just received.

There will be a launch cocktail & tasting of the China edition cigar - Bolivar Distinguidos - on 6 Dec, 2011 (Tuesday) at The P&L Club - Cohiba Atmosphere (this is a private club).

This China edition cigar was made by Habanos SA to commemorate the 50th anniversary of formal diplomatic relationship between China and Cuba.

The countries formally established relationship on 28 September 1960, making Cuba the first Latin American country to recognise China under Mao's leadership.

The cigars - 25 sticks of Bolivar Distinguidos - are presented in a bone china jar.

A total of 2010 jars were made, each with serial number printed at the bottom. Only 400 jars are available for Hong Kong cigar aficionados.

The Distinguidos are assumed to be a Romeo sized Perfecto (52 x 162).

Information and photographs will be added to my website as and when available.

http://cubancigarweb..._Regional_China

Trevor.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update Trevor. I'll be in China in January so I'll keep an eye out for these. Not like I will be able to afford them, but I enjoy the the adventure of seeking out new smokes hitting the market.

Thanks for the update Trevor. I'll be in China in January so I'll keep an eye out for these. Not like I will be able to afford them, but I enjoy the the adventure of seeking out new smokes hitting the market.

While they are a China release, I believe that they are being distributed by the Pacific Cigar Company, so will (should) only be for Hong Kong and Macao. I am trying to get this clarified. It's possible it could be a joint distribution. Habanos will apparently be issuing a press release.

Boli + perfecro? Niiiiice, I want! Maybe Rob can get a hold of a few jars and sell fivers? :D

If Czars gets ahold of any jars of these, I would DEFINITELY be down for one! I just asked Di to dig around for a jar for me after Xmas, this would be perfect. (But I assume they're Macau/HK only?)

While they are a China release, I believe that they are being distributed by the Pacific Cigar Company, so will (should) only be for Hong Kong and Macao. I am trying to get this clarified. It's possible it could be a joint distribution. Habanos will apparently be issuing a press release.

It turns out they are a joint release between PCC and Infifon HK, with PCC doing the legwork. So they should be available in Hong Kong, Macao, and mainland China.

How do Regionals releases differ from the regular production.Is it a question of that particular regional taste?

Very basically, REs are sizes not normally found in the particular line, but must be a currently produced size. The regional disrtibutor

foots the bill for production, and I believe (but don't know) has some input in the choice of size and blend characteristics.

Interestingly, the 2008 China RE was also a Bolivar perfecto.

It was actually listed as a double perfecto or more commanly known as a Salomón and above all EXTREAMLY expensive.

A quick question for Trevor, if a perfecto is defined as a "...large cigar and it tapers from the centre towards each end." then what is a "double perfecto"?

That seems to be a redundant term, much like reiterate (the most common misused word in the English language).

Interestingly, the 2008 China RE was also a Bolivar perfecto.

It was actually listed as a double perfecto or more commanly known as a Salomón and above all EXTREAMLY expensive.

A quick question for Trevor, if a perfecto is defined as a "...large cigar and it tapers from the centre towards each end." then what is a "double perfecto"?

That seems to be a redundant term, much like reiterate (the most common misused word in the English language).

Double, used in this context, referred to length.

Have a look at: http://www.cubanciga...ommon-names.htm (copy attached).

post-1158-0-01518100-1322942760.jpg

Just to add very little to Trev's post, this is true. Size-wise, the '08 was a salomon, with the upcoming to be a romeo.

Shape-wise, I consider both to be perfectos.

Just to add very little to Trev's post, this is true. Size-wise, the '08 was a salomon, with the upcoming to be a romeo.

Shape-wise, I consider both to be perfectos.

Exactly. The terms giant, double, grand, long, extra, petit, and slim refer to length and ring sizes for the basic shapes: perfectos, pyramides, and parejos (straight cigars).