Cohiba 1966 LE - TAU JUL 11

asmith

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what Rob and crew would like for Christmas...

An HD camera to get out of the stone ages and improve the look and feel of their reviews 10 fold.

Got to love when Rob and Ken get together with no one around but the snakes and the spiders! Cheers.

Oh, no no no no no no no no NO!! It's bad enough Ken wears shorts during these reviews, that leave little to the imagination (and my imagination is now permanently scarred, thank you very much! :surprised: ), but to see it in HD?! Oh the horror!!! :P

Hi Steve,

I watched your review. Interesting how your so so experience differs with the glowing tributes from FOH crew. Every young Cohiba EL I have had(03 DC,04 Sublimes,06 Piramide) have been blah when young. No rush on these IMHO.

Aye Aye Folks

I carried out my own Video review on these a few weeks back here's my thoughts

Comments welcome

SerieSteve

Hi Steve,

I watched your review. Interesting how your so so experience differs with the glowing tributes from FOH crew. Every young Cohiba EL I have had(03 DC,04 Sublimes,06 Piramide) have been blah when young. No rush on these IMHO.

Maybe the difference,when you have to Pay 40 Quid for one !

Need a lot of rest IMO, but also need a lot of justifacation to purchase them, when the standard of regular Cigars (non El's, Re's,) Etc. is very good at the moment

Oh and thanks for Watchin our Vid :thumb:

Ss

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Aye Aye Folks

I carried out my own Video review on these a few weeks back here's my thoughts

Comments welcome

SerieSteve

Steve,

I must say, after watching your reviews of the 1966 and the RA Extra, I thoroughly enjoyed both, and believe we are of similar palate. Nice work!

Cheers!

NMJ

• 4 months later...

Box of these is looking increasingly tempting, Just got to sit tight awhile. Chocolate profiles sound like my kind of thing

• 7 months later...

Good question. Reached for a few sticks when entertaining a friend last week, on the premise of "heres a stick that will blow your mind". Wasnt bad by any means, but very muted compared to my recollection of the outstanding 4 sticks I had late 2011 - mid 2012 ( and havent had any since until last week). Maybe I just had a single dud this time (my friend is not a regular cigar person, he thought it was great).

• 10 months later...

I haven't really seen enough boxes give this is our first shipment. What I have seen looks good box to box but no doubt there will be the Cuban screw up from time to time.

I shared a cigar with Artie Yesterday. He has purchased a box of the 1966 but at this point prefers the Behike 56. He called the 66 as all chocolate and caramel ...like smoking an easter egg. Not his thing. I love that profile.

I have to agree I love that profile too, the 1966 was the first Cuban I ever smoked and has remained my all time favourite ever since.

Really enjoyed the FOH review and have viewed so many now I can instantly tell by the way you guys interact when you are genuinely impressed with a stick...this was one of those occasions.