Partagas Series E No2 - OGA JUN 11

asmith

Good review, I've only had one so far, and it was not very partagas like in the first third, its going to take me 6 months before revisiting this cigar.

Thanks for reviewing these! I've been interested in the E2 since I love Partagas in general. These inconsistencies will keep me away, though, at least for the time being--my luck with Habanos is poorer than average, so I'd probably get a 50/50 box if I bought one, lol. With at least 5 stellar Partagas to choose from these days, anything else they put out really needs to be top notch or else why bother. The D5 and E2 should have been worked on for another year to perfect them rather than releasing sub-standard stuff.

Oh well, I'm sure these and the D5s will both survive for many years, since HSA only discontinues the good vitolas.

I have high hopes for this cigar. One it's Partagas, two I like the Duke vitola. Having smoked one, I wasn't disappointed but it certainly came across as "un-Partagas" like. I'm hoping 6-8 months of sleep will bring out their true character.

I have high hopes for this cigar. One it's Partagas, two I like the Duke vitola. Having smoked one, I wasn't disappointed but it certainly came across as "un-Partagas" like. I'm hoping 6-8 months of sleep will bring out their true character.

Yup exactly how i feel about this cigar...has potential, love the vitola

Thanks for the review guys. I like to keep an eye on Partagas, really one of my favorite brands. I'll probably wait on these for a while though. I'm loving my D4's, P2's, Shorts, 898's from you, Rob.

One comment gents. I prefer the layout where you sat across from each other at the table, instead of all up front like a committee where one has to lean forward to talk to another down the table... it was more like a "round table" style gathering. Also it kept the drinks, ash tray, and such on the table more out of view. Just my opinion though.

I've never had a box as inconsistent as the one you guys all smoked out of. Thanks for the review, I think I'll stay away from these for now. I purchased one from the LCDH in Toronto a month or two back. I was planning on keeping it my humi until next spring or summer and from the sounds of it definitely needs it.

You guys have a blast wife and I will have to visit Australia again but go to your side of the continent and enjoy a smoke with you. Nice review walk away with mix feelings on this vitola I've only tried one a few years back and it was underwhelming. I've heard lots of good things about them but still not sure whether to pull the trigger on a box or not. Might have to sit on the sidelines and see how they develop.

One comment gents. I prefer the layout where you sat across from each other at the table, instead of all up front like a committee where one has to lean forward to talk to another down the table... it was more like a "round table" style gathering. Also it kept the drinks, ash tray, and such on the table more out of view. Just my opinion though.

Exactly what I've been thinking, D. The beauty of the old deck was its casualness. The content of your reviews is still informative, honest and very entertaining, but just a little too 'tasting panel'. Maybe turning the table 90 degrees and sitting on either side would change the dynamic. Just a thought. Cheers!

Agreed. Kinda looks like the head table at a *** wedding. :lookaround::lol: It reminds me of the review for the Czar, very similar seating. That review always looks like it doesn't belong with the others. Nonetheless, the content is key, I'll get used to the look eventually.

Enjoyed it.

I definitely agree re the loose fill on a lot of smokes especially 46gauge and bigger, seems to be happening a fair bit these days.

Keep up the good work.

Agreed. Kinda looks like the head table at a *** wedding. :lookaround::lol: It reminds me of the review for the Czar, very similar seating. That review always looks like it doesn't belong with the others. Nonetheless, the content is key, I'll get used to the look eventually.

We will work on it :D

We find this set up prevents Ken from exposing himself

We find this set up prevents Ken from exposing himself

seriously? thank you, george clooney.

the man who takes three weeks to edit a video is going to poke the bear?

we now have to sign off 'happy easter', so there is some chance smithy will have them ready in time.

and if, given your reputation back at the bathhouse, you think there is the slightest possibility that i am allowing any of my wedding tackle to roam free in your postcode, let alone a few feet from you, you are more delusion than your thoughts on this cigar would suggest.

but I do need to point out that without you smithy none of these reviews would ever be completed, you do a great job for foh

I must admit that I enjoy seeing you all wrap up the review and still have 1:40 left, haha. Good work fellas. Smithers another masterpiece.

had one the next night. a smidge better but still bog average. very disappointing.

as for something in common with the D4, as far as i am concerned, the only thing they do have in common is that they both have bands.

Ken, you are spot on for this one imho. I only had one, my friend had the another and it was dreadfully terrible. Word for word as you put it.

So 2 guys, same box, just not wowed enough to venture into them ever again. Appreciate the honesty and frankness of your experience.

Just don't crush anymore grapes in your ball hangers........please mate. Ken, you are my hero!