Montreal Winterherf Liquor Registry.

I like Frank's idea, but I like Conor's revision of it. I'd say go for 3 different bottles, shoot for a $400-$450 total price, and go from there.

And yes, the Cigarrignac is coming. As is Claus' beer. But, I'm also planning on bringing the HC Barrel Proof rum, or if we can get something like that within the three bottles, as I'm a rum and cognac guy for sure, but just not a scotch/whiskey guy at all.

Sounds good to me. Let's shoot for the stars and get some serious bottles. It's better that we stay with a few bottles vs many bottles for our health & sanity. :lol:

I

We could have one person select three good single malts (I think we'll have the budget for this) and have the group do a blind tasting. Nothing formal or structured, just be sure to sample each one at your own pace and vote for your preference out of the three. We'll crown a winner and reveal what everyone thought was the best of the night :spotlight: and if there's anything left over in the bottles, we can raffle-off the remains from the batch of participants. Also, any monies we collect above the bottles' cost can be donated to the Nicaragua Fund.

Great idea Conor. OK. Who wants to step up as a Scotch expert and recommend 3 bottles that are "high" end and distinct from each other? I.e one more "peaty" another "smokey", etc, etc. Let's assume a budget of $25 per person then?

Is everyone OK with this? If so, please post your response. That's the only way we can tell who is up for it. And if you're in, please have the money ready at the Meet/Greet to compensate whomever is going to be picking up the bottles.

25$ is fine for me, I think Conor is the man for the Job to select 3 amazing bottles...me or simon can go pick them up saturday no problem

25$ is fine for me, I think Conor is the man for the Job to select 3 amazing bottles...me or simon can go pick them up saturday no problem

Agreed. A second nomination for Conor. And consider this my post my pledge of $25. :ok:

Thanks for the nomination guys and I'm honoured to make the selection. Now... what should we have? :daydream:

like a kid in a candy store eh Conor? lol

In lieu of the $25, I may just bring the HC Barrel Proof, as a fourth bottle to add in for those of us who don't drink scotch. However, that said, if there isn't enough people that pony up for this, then I'll still gladly pitch in $25 to help with the costs, and will choke down a dram for the sake of comraderie! :D:P

Okay. So, I won't be bringing the HC Barrel Proof. Went into my liquor cabinet, and realized that it was drank up with family and friends over the Christmas holidays. So, no HC Barrel Proof.

I'm still bringing the Cigarrignac as that whole deal. But that's kinda separate.

So, I'll be game to pony in $25 as well as needed. But, I'd be the same as a few others have stated - a nice rum might be nice to put in there as well. If it's just scotch, I may be no. However, it's a group decision (I'll have rum backups just in case! :D ).

El Dorado 15 is only about 60$. That should satisfy most rum lovers I wuld think...

Sure, I'd be game for that, if everyone else is okay with that coming out of the pot. I haven't tried this El Dorado yet, and I remember you guys talking about it a lot.

Anywho, group decision. I'm game for whatever then.

OK This needs an update. Here are the names of those wanting to contribute to the 25$ pot for bottles

Riaz

Art

Frank + friend

Conor

Simon

Sebastien

Yann

Sam

Keith

Erik + 2friends

NIco

So far 14 at 25$ each is 350$. i'm all for getting a bottle of ED 15, great rum thats 55$ so we are left with 295...we will be about 25ish at the meet and greet so we could get two killer bottles of single malts, plus a few other things that others are brigning. If anyone one else wants to add their name to the 25$ pot please post here, or if your brigning a bottle please let me know.

With Claus' help, I've been able to arrange a nice bottle of rum for the tasting. So no need to worry about only scotch being available. As for the scotch selection, I plan on selecting high quality bottles which are representative of the different scotch producing regions in Scotland and who knows, maybe people will discover they do like scotch after all.

OK This needs an update. Here are the names of those wanting to contribute to the 25$ pot for bottles

Riaz

Art

Frank + friend

Conor

Simon

Sebastien

Yann

Sam

Keith

Erik + 2friends

NIco

So far 14 at 25$ each is 350$. i'm all for getting a bottle of ED 15, great rum thats 55$ so we are left with 295...we will be about 25ish at the meet and greet so we could get two killer bottles of single malts, plus a few other things that others are brigning. If anyone one else wants to add their name to the 25$ pot please post here, or if your brigning a bottle please let me know.

Awesome, and I'm good to go.

With Claus' help, I've been able to arrange a nice bottle of rum for the tasting....

Very cool. Grateful.

...and who knows, maybe people will discover they do like scotch after all.

HOGWASH!!!!!!!!!! :forkyou::unknown:

I agree with the ED 15 and for scotch I will let the experts pick

+ 1.

I'm not sure what time I am going to be able to make it to the pre herf meet and greet so I will pull a bottle of red out of my cellar and bring that along.