Drowned in Whiskey..

:thinking: He could've DRANK the stuff right there and until he passed out/away without being part of the added ingredients. Hey - spoiled a good batch'a whiskey :frown:

Sad news. I dont really want to make jokes at the expense of a tragedy, but I wonder when they will release a limited edition and try to profit from this...

my thoughts aswell like they did with the snow phoenix,

Sad story... In a way I have doubts if this was a suicide, contrary of what the news feeds say. Checking a mash tun is about one of the potential deadliest jobs in a distillery. There's a massive build up of CO2 when worts is fermenting. Not lethal but it will completely knock out an elephant with all risks involved. Good chance the guy was checking for foam, forgot to hold his breath for a few seconds, got knocked out due to CO2 and tipped over into the tun.

I fail to see how on earth Glenfiddich should try to make money out of this. Knowing a certain superstition amongst distillery workers the mash tun in question might very well be replaced as it is very much 'tainted'. I know of a mash tun which saw a simular incident which hasn't been used for over three decades. IF Glenfiddich would come up with a commemorative edition (even if it was for support of the widow) they would put themselves on the Uisge Beatha Non Grata shelf.

I know the whisky conglomerates are trying to make money out of happenings and lately mostly non-happenings (hey Angus the still guy just farted - great lets selected some crappy casks and sell at premo) but death is something different than, i.e. a warm fuzzy utter crap story about a collapsed warehouse roof.

needed to get it off my chest... sorry guys...

Truly a sad thing to have happen. Poor guy, what a way to go. My BIL used to work at a kosher chicken plant many, many moons ago and he told me about a story he heard while working there about a guy who died when he slipped and fell into a vat of chicken viscera. Can't even imagine what that must have been like.